NCL Sun Item Change October 8, 2011 to April 7, 2012 Eastern Carib

MikeandAmy

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Sun's 7-Day Eastern Caribbean sailings

from Orlando (Port Canaveral) from October 8, 2011 to April 7, 2012.

Because of a berthing conflict in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, Norwegian Sun will now call St. Thomas on Tuesday and

San Juan, Puerto Rico on Wednesday and times in port have been modified. The revised itinerary information can be

found below.

Original Arrive Depart

Sat Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida 4:00 pm

Sun Nassau, Bahamas 9:00 am 4:00 pm

Mon At Sea

Tue San Juan, Puerto Rico Noon 8:00 pm

Wed St.Thomas, US Virgin Islands 8:00 am 4:00 pm

Thu At Sea

Fri Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas Noon 6:00 pm

Sat Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida 8:00 am

Revised Arrive Depart

Sat Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida 4:00 pm

Sun Nassau, Bahamas 8:00 am 3:00 pm

Mon At Sea

Tue St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands noon 8:00 pm

Wed San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:00 am 4:00 pm

Thu At Sea

Fri Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 9:00 am 6:00 pm

Sat Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida 8:00 am

@MikeandAmy -

Even though it does not affect us, I still think it's a nice heads-up for other cruisers.

Just take good care of the Sun for us; on April 7 we'll take her to Copenhagen. Man, a whole years to wait!

Thanks for posting we haven't got that info we booked through a online TA. St. Thomas is my favorite port and had planned Megan’s bay then shopping with the DW in the afternoon. Now it will be after sunset before we head back to the ship. How safe is the shopping district after dark?

Thanks for posting we haven't got that info we booked through a online TA. St. Thomas is my favorite port and had planned Megan’s bay then shopping with the DW in the afternoon. Now it will be after sunset before we head back to the ship. How safe is the shopping district after dark?

I find the shopping district to be very secure... I never had any worries..

@MikeandAmy -

Even though it does not affect us, I still think it's a nice heads-up for other cruisers.

Just take good care of the Sun for us; on April 7 we'll take her to Copenhagen. Man, a whole years to wait!

We will try :D

It will be here before you know it, I cant believe April is next month already time is flying!

Where did you get this? Not that I don't believe it though I am sorta hating it...was looking forward to seeing San Juan at sunset. Anyway, I looked on NCL website, nada, my online TA website, nada. Did NCL email you directly?

Thanks for sharing.

Clay

Where did you get this? Not that I don't believe it though I am sorta hating it...was looking forward to seeing San Juan at sunset. Anyway, I looked on NCL website, nada, my online TA website, nada. Did NCL email you directly?

Thanks for sharing.

Clay

We also received an email from NCL stating this change....only prob..in the header of the letter they had us leaving on sun instead of sat...I called NCL..guy was clueless..just kept talking about the NEW itinerary and could not understand what I was referring to so I gave it up

Just checked out NCL's website for this cruise ( as we're on it this Oct.) and it's confirmed. The changes have been made. So Clay , I hope St. Thomas has a better sunset for you !!!:D

Thanks for sharing.

Clay

Yes I got an email from NCL.

Thanks for sharing.

Clay

Clay, as far as I know, NCL emailed travel agents with customers booked on the affected cruises and emailed those who booked directly through NCL. Our company was notified early this am.

Nita

Well my TA is basically a booking agency so no surprise I haven't heard from them - you get what you pay for:D

But one of my traveling companions who booked through another online TA got an email today so glad that I read CC to keep me informed!

We also received an email from NCL stating this change....only prob..in the header of the letter they had us leaving on sun instead of sat...I called NCL..guy was clueless..just kept talking about the NEW itinerary and could not understand what I was referring to so I gave it up

Don't you just love it when that happens????

Archived