FCC if cruise cancelled and re-booked?

nerysj

I have a cruise booked in UK for June 2011. Payment due April 6th

I have worked out that this cruise is now £1415.80 cheaper if I was to book it today, than when I booked it in August 2010! Not sure how much OBC I would get....I think $50pp maximum?

We have 2 cabins booked 1 x EE and 1 x K (for our teenagers)

We have $150 pp FCC and $150 OBC for EE

We have $125 pp FCC and $150 OBC for K

Total OBC is $1150 for both cabins

We paid a £75 pp deposit.

Here in the UK - we lose our deposit! ...so minus £300

Parking at Southampton was included in original booking (worth approx £150)

If cancelling and re-booking...do we also lose our FCC ?? (worth $550)

Just wondering if it is worth cancelling and re-booking?

Grateful for your opinions.

I have a cruise booked in UK for June 2011. Payment due April 6th

I have worked out that this cruise is now £1415.80 cheaper if I was to book it today, than when I booked it in August 2010! Not sure how much OBC I would get....I think $50pp maximum?

We have 2 cabins booked 1 x EE and 1 x K (for our teenagers)

We have $150 pp FCC and $150 OBC for EE

We have $125 pp FCC and $150 OBC for K

Total OBC is $1150 for both cabins

We paid a £75 pp deposit.

Here in the UK - we lose our deposit! ...so minus £300

Parking at Southampton was included in original booking (worth approx £150)

If cancelling and re-booking...do we also lose our FCC ?? (worth $550)

Just wondering if it is worth cancelling and re-booking?

Grateful for your opinions.

Can you simply call Princess to have your FCC's refunded to your account. Was just on the phone with them and asked the question if I could move my FCC's to a different cruise and she stated that this was possible. I would need to remove it from a booking for a cruise I have next year - at which time it would become available immediately, pay the full deposit for that future cruise and then the FCC's would be available for the new (and earlier) booking. Not sure if it is worth the money for us just for the OBC's. Sounds like it is a lot of running around but she did say it was doable. Not sure what it is like across the pond, but call Princess...might be worth a try.

Last week we cancelled a booking made using our FCD long before final payment. Our TA was able to immediately reuse it for another booking so the same $100 FCD was used for our new cruise with the same OBC amounts. This was for a USA booking & don't know if it's different in the UK.

It seems that here in the UK.....it is very different from the US...we lose FCC, OBC and deposit. Seems....SO unfair??

I called Princess and they confirmed.:mad:

I wonder if it is the same now that Princess is charging for FCC for those living in UK.

I wonder if it is the same now that Princess is charging for FCC for those living in UK.

I made another enquiry today at Princess....different story today! We would be able to keep our FCC, but would lose our deposit and another 10% on top of that, so either way, it is not good.

And they will not honor the price drop on your existing booking?

Absolutely not!! Here in the UK....this is not allowed. I have now asked my TA whether they are willing to upgrade the inside to an outside as the OV we have is now priced lower than what we purchased an inside for!!

I'm awaiting his response...although not holding my breath for a positive response.

Really makes me want to use an US TA............next time! :confused:

What are the chances of losing your cabin(s) if you have to send in a letter of cancellation to TA and book with another TA (looking to book the exact same cabins. There is limited (VERY limited) choice of cabins left.

Archived