Balcony or Suite

MikeandAmy

Which would you choose?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• Suite 1 cruise a year?
    • Balcony maybe 2 or 3 cruises a year?

Let me say we are prob. in the minority.... We had a suite for our Sept 2010 cruise and it was... alright.... loved the balcony and size... we booked a regular balcony and then upgraded when the AD suite prices came down (only 500 more than the regular balcony) - right before final payment and were super excited to try the suite life... DH did not really care for Cagneys for breakfast or lunch and we never even called the butler or even heard from the concierge, so the additional cost was only for the size of the room... nice but not worth the additional cost that you would pay (IMHO)... book the balcony, keep checking the prices and if they come done to a reasonable amt.. upgrade.... seems like 3K is a lot for some additional perks that you may or may not use

That is what we have decided to do. We booked an BA category, and if the suite price drops we will look into it. We never used the concierge, only used the butler 2 or 3x to bring me something sweet lol... We did use Cagneys everyday. So we will see what happens...

I would normally vote "suite" but we are in fact sailing in a balcony on our upcoming PoA cruise for 2 reasons. The first that this is so port intensive I didn't know how much use we would really make of the suite perks. Second, by booking a balcony on this cruise, we could afford a suite on the Panama Canal cruise later in the year. We felt that we'd really appreciate the suite during those 15 days!!!

I would normally vote "suite" but we are in fact sailing in a balcony on our upcoming PoA cruise for 2 reasons. The first that this is so port intensive I didn't know how much use we would really make of the suite perks. Second, by booking a balcony on this cruise, we could afford a suite on the Panama Canal cruise later in the year. We felt that we'd really appreciate the suite during those 15 days!!!

I hope we made the right decision.... :cool:

No question for me. Take the balcony. We were in an Owner's suite last summer, and it was wonderful in every way. But I just don't understand folks who say they could never sail anything but a suite after having been in one. It's not like it's a milestone in your life or something :confused:

Book the balcony, take the extra cruises. The suite will be there next time you want it.

For us our first cruise in a suite was a milestone in our cruising life! After the breakfasts and lunches in Cagney´s, there is no way back to a standard balcony cabin!

Archived