Is this outfit formal enough for formal nights?

gaylecool

As a gay man, I give it 2 thumbs up! The ability to accessorize is what separates us f.rom the animals.

I just adore that actress and for the "love of Pete" I cannot think of her name right now, but I've used more than one of her phases from "Steele Magnolias"! ~ gail

I am doing some shopping for our upcoming Alaska cruise, and since I've never cruised before, would appreciate feedback as to whether this outfit would meet the formal criteria.

http://www.roamans.com/clothing/Uneven-Hem-Tunic.aspx?PfId=58418&DeptId=21875&ProductTypeId=1

I'd dress it up even more with silver heels and bling jewelry.

So, will this work? This is the sort of thing I am comfortable in, and I think it would pack well.

TIA!

I LOVE it and I LOVE the options it shows -and can think of dozens of pieces of jewelry and/or belts /scarves that could change the look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anne

I LOVE it and I LOVE the options it shows -and can think of dozens of pieces of jewelry and/or belts /scarves that could change the look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anne

I think that is exactly why I was so drawn to it! I LOVE versatility in clothing :)

I am doing some shopping for our upcoming Alaska cruise, and since I've never cruised before, would appreciate feedback as to whether this outfit would meet the formal criteria.

http://www.roamans.com/clothing/Uneven-Hem-Tunic.aspx?PfId=58418&DeptId=21875&ProductTypeId=1

So, will this work? This is the sort of thing I am comfortable in, and I think it would pack well.

TIA!

This outfit will be ideal.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise to Alaska.

I just adore that actress and for the "love of Pete" I cannot think of her name right now, but I've used more than one of her phases from "Steele Magnolias"! ~ gail

Olympia Dukakis... "Looks like two pigs fightin' under a blanket." Love that movie. :p

TIA!

Wow! That is so pretty. I may order one for me !! Have a wonderful cruise. Alaska is beautiful.

TIA!

Yes, I think you picked something both great for some extra sparkle and easily packed. You are right some bling and heels takes it up a notch and it looks fun. Me, I still stick with long black velvet, but where else am I going to wear that but on cruise ships these days. I think the fun is wearing something that is just not everyday and you picked a good and fun option.

Since you like stretchy no wrinkle fabric, and are looking for something for formal night, you *might* want to check out

http://www.buyinamerica.com/

Sizes small to 3X. I bought their "classic shimmering dress", $39 (plus they have an offer for 20% off everything). I'm NOT saying you need a red carpet dress for Alaska. Just thought you might find this website fun.

What a great collection of dressy dresses with sleeves which is the hardest thing to find for dressy gowns. Thanks for passing this on and I think it should be bumped up every time this discussion comes up - yes, it is easy to buy, wear and pack for HAL formal nights. That website is a winner and nice you passed on your own happiness with using it.

Thanks for this VioletHorse! I am thinking that maybe I'll just look for a second dressy top to wear with the tuxedo (sequins up the sides) leggings I bought to go with this silver top.

Two tops, one pair of leggings, and silver shoes, sounds alot easier to pack than a gown!

Works for me. I have several pair of dress black pants I take and tops- some beaded, some not as dressy- to wear with them.

Any pictures or further description of the "tuxedo sequined leggings"? I think of leggings as being tight on the leg and would love to see some dressy ones. Sound like fun with that beautiful silver top.

Works for me. I have several pair of dress black pants I take and tops- some beaded, some not as dressy- to wear with them.

Any pictures or further description of the "tuxedo sequined leggings"? I think of leggings as being tight on the leg and would love to see some dressy ones. Sound like fun with that beautiful silver top.

Here are the leggings

http://www.roamans.com/clothing/Sequin-Tuxedo-Stripe-Leggings.aspx?PfId=204268&DeptId=19009&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=G&pref=ps

I have three pair of these, I love them so much! I wear them with a white pintucked boyfriend shirt, a burgundy satin tunic, and numerous other dressy blouses I have. Also, they will go with the silver tunic, as well as other new sequined tops I bought for the cruise. Aren't they fun?

Here are the leggings

http://www.roamans.com/clothing/Sequin-Tuxedo-Stripe-Leggings.aspx?PfId=204268&DeptId=19009&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=G&pref=ps

I have three pair of these, I love them so much! I wear them with a white pintucked boyfriend shirt, a burgundy satin tunic, and numerous other dressy blouses I have. Also, they will go with the silver tunic, as well as other new sequined tops I bought for the cruise. Aren't they fun?

Thanks! Very cute and what a great price now, too!

Thanks! Very cute and what a great price now, too!

Roaman's makes other cute, dressy leggings too

some with a lace side panel, some with silver studs, and all over lace ones

Leggings and a tunic are my preferred look for just about everything, so I am really glad someone makes dressy ones!

Gaylecool, scroll down the board page of CC and you'll see Cruise Discussion Topics. In there you will fine the cruise fashion board. There are very nice and helpful ladies (and some men) on the board who don't flame and are very kind and considerate. Plus offer a wealth of information! Please go over and meet them. You will be greeted with open arms.

I am one of the ladies who opts for black silky pants and dressy tops rather than ball gowns. Easier to pack and easier to wear. My husband gave up on tuxes a while back and there's no changing his mind!

Esther

Gaylecool, scroll down the board page of CC and you'll see Cruise Discussion Topics. In there you will fine the cruise fashion board. There are very nice and helpful ladies (and some men) on the board who don't flame and are very kind and considerate. Plus offer a wealth of information! Please go over and meet them. You will be greeted with open arms.

I am one of the ladies who opts for black silky pants and dressy tops rather than ball gowns. Easier to pack and easier to wear. My husband gave up on tuxes a while back and there's no changing his mind!

Esther

Thanks esther! I found it, and it looks very informative!

Hi

It will look perfect and even better because you will feel comfortable in it. Lots of ladies wore black trousers and lovely tops like this and looked stunning as i am sure you will. dont forget to check out the HAL blogs as they have photos of the formal nights and that will give you some indication of just how it will fit in.

Great web site but WHY dont they use plus size models instead of skinny minnies ???? there are plenty of beautiful bountiful ladies out there

Hi

It will look perfect and even better because you will feel comfortable in it. Lots of ladies wore black trousers and lovely tops like this and looked stunning as i am sure you will. dont forget to check out the HAL blogs as they have photos of the formal nights and that will give you some indication of just how it will fit in.

Great web site but WHY dont they use plus size models instead of skinny minnies ???? there are plenty of beautiful bountiful ladies out there

I would LOVE to see pics of fashions on REAL sized women. I am not huge ( a 14W) but definitely not a "skinny minnie". It's frustrating to try to figure out what A: packs well for a cruise, B: actually looks good on me and my 5'8" 150 pound frame, and C: is age appropriate, sexy, fun and cute for a 57 year old woman.

They don't make it easy, that's for sure!

At any rate, I love simplicity and accessorizing, and this style of outfit is very "me", so I am am so glad most of you think it will meet the requirements!

Archived