Dining seating arrangement

VT Hokie Cruiser

We have a family group of 11 adults sailing on the Diamond Princess June 4 (Whittier/Alaska southbound). We have traditional dining at 6 p.m. What are the chances we will all be seated at one table (or two pushed together)? Or is it likely that we will be at two adjacent tables? Thanks.

Assuming that the bookings for everyone in your group are linked, they should seat you as you have thought, either at one large table or two smaller tables near each other.

Two tables are probably better than one as at a large table you will not be able to converse with those at the other end of the table anyway.

If you do have two tables, you can switch around who sits at each table each evening if you wish.

We have a family group of 11 adults sailing on the Diamond Princess June 4 (Whittier/Alaska southbound). We have traditional dining at 6 p.m. What are the chances we will all be seated at one table (or two pushed together)? Or is it likely that we will be at two adjacent tables? Thanks.

When you get on the ship go see the matre'd and check with him. He may already have it aranged but if not then you can do it then. We had a group of 11 on one cruise and they got us on one large table.

Have a good cruise

I would suggest making sure you or your TA link all your booking numbers and request a large table before getting on the ship.

We cruised with a group of ten back in the summer and had all of us at one table. Then last month we cruised with a group of 12 and they broke us into two tables of six and it was a serious dinnertime damper in all of our opinions! What really made it bad was there were a couple of nights when two couples didn't make it to dinner and that left one couple seated by themselves.

The next time we cruise with a group I'm going to make sure we're together or it's going to be Anytime Dining or Buffet for us. I'd rather eat in the buffet than have to split up and occasionally have that one "left out" couple:(!

What really made it bad was there were a couple of nights when two couples didn't make it to dinner and that left one couple seated by themselves.

Are you saying that none of the three couples sitting together had the decency to join the couple sitting by themselves?

Lew

How many smaller children if any in this group? While they could squeeze you in to a 10 top (which is the largest I have ever seen), can't say I would recommend it for comfort and dining space if its all adults...

Hi There

Cruised with very large family group seated next to us might have been as

many as twenty, I would have said they were from mainland China,

age group could have been from 100 to 5 years. They sat at one table

made up of smaller tables along one wall of the MDR, they had there

own food brought to them every night, the smell was great, but no idea

what was, so Princess will meet the needs of large family groups.

Near the end of the cruise they all brought gifts for the I assume Grand

Father of the group.

yours Shogun

How many smaller children if any in this group? While they could squeeze you in to a 10 top (which is the largest I have ever seen), can't say I would recommend it for comfort and dining space if its all adults...

Especially at those oblong tables. The people at the ends are so squashed it's almost impossible to get close enough to the table to eat.

Hi Shogun, your are right. If possible, Princess will meet reasonable requests. On one of the Princess cruises, we sat on a table for two. An Indian couple sat at a table next to us. They always had traditional Indian food, with naan. It seemed to me that they did not need to order. There must be some prearrangement from the kitchen. The couple were very quiet and usually finished the meal within 45 minutes.

Are you saying that none of the three couples sitting together had the decency to join the couple sitting by themselves?

Lew

Well, of course that's what we did the second night. The first night the lone couple came in late (I know that's rude with TD but they were first-timers and didn't realize) and we assumed none of them were coming to dinner so we had already started ours!

Archived