MDR or My Time

I'm a first time cruiser and I'm currently set to dine at 20:30. I've been wondering about changing to My Time. If I do, will be seated on my own? I think I'd like to be at a larger table and chat to people. Would this happen on My Time, or should I stick with what I've got? :confused:

My Time!! But I'm biased. ;)

We have done My Time on all our Royal cruises, but did set dining on Celebrity.

It depends on you, you don't say but sounds like you maybe travelling alone?

If you are then Set dining may be better as you will then have table mates to chat to about your day and make new friends.

There may not always be the option of sitting with others on My Time as we found most people (including us) usually asked for a 2 top or at the most a 4 top.

On My Time you can request a table for 1, 2, 5, etc and they do their best to get this option for you but we have been sat at larger tables of 6 and 8 if a 2/4 top was not available when we wanted to eat.

Also My Time you chose when you want to eat which is what we liked most about it!

I'm a first time cruiser and I'm currently set to dine at 20:30. I've been wondering about changing to My Time. If I do, will be seated on my own? I think I'd like to be at a larger table and chat to people. Would this happen on My Time, or should I stick with what I've got? :confused:

You can ask and it is quite possible that they will accommodate you, but if you want the assurance that you will be seated with others, perhaps traditional dining will work best. Be sure to request that you be seated at a large table and hope that your tablemates are a friendly and congenial bunch. We have usually had good luck with the people we have been seated with and on the very rare instance where that was not the case, we quickly asked to be moved to another table. We have joined, and been joined by others in My Time Dining and it worked out quite well when that happened and we have also met other people on board who also had MTD and arranged to dine with them.

we are going to try my time dinning on our next cruise they tell us we can have a table for two or ten its our choice when we dine so we are going to try it,one night 4people next 8person etc.

DH and I liked any time dining. We did different things every day so our dinner time varied. one night we arrived at the dining room about 10 minutes before they opened, other nights we got there an hour or more after they opened and one night we were really late - afraid they may close before we got there.

we told them we could sit with anyone. other nights we talked to those at the table beside us - if they seemed so inclined.

Well I'm cruising on my own, and I'm well used to my own company, but I would like to share with other people about the day and pick up hints and tips about stuff. I'm sorely tempted by My Time, but looking the responses so far I think I'd be better off with traditional dining and asking to sit at a large table. Thanks for all your input :rolleyes:

Archived