Evening dinning

cruise6932

We are booked to go on the grand. There is 8 of us we have requested the 2nd sitting, however it says it's wait listed but we have been confirmed on anytime dinning.

1) what are our chances of getting the 2nd sitting? If not is it easy to change once on board?

2) with the anytime option will we be able to get a table for 8? Is the service not as good in this dinning room?

I'm just a bit cautious with anytime dinning as we have not done this before, so any info or tips would be great.

Thanks for all your help in advance :)

Hi There

I would expect no chance of getting late sitting, depends on your number

if low a slim change . When ben wait listed never got in.

As to anytime getting a table of 8 no problem may be a little wait.

Food etc is just the same.

If I was you I would just book my table in anytime for the same time every

night and request same table and staff.

yours Shogun

Final payment is not due yet, so there will likely be a number of cancellations. THis may help you clear the waitlist. When you board, you can go talk to the Maitre 'd and see if he can get you a table. Time and place will be listed in the Princess Patter.

With a party of 8 I would be surprised if you get in. You may, as noted be able to arrange a standing reservation in the AD room, that is at the discretion of the MD to whether they permit standing rezzes...

We are booked to go on the grand. There is 8 of us we have requested the 2nd sitting, however it says it's wait listed but we have been confirmed on anytime dinning.

1) what are our chances of getting the 2nd sitting? If not is it easy to change once on board?

2) with the anytime option will we be able to get a table for 8? Is the service not as good in this dinning room?

I'm just a bit cautious with anytime dinning as we have not done this before, so any info or tips would be great.

Thanks for all your help in advance :)

Just a note about Traditional Dinning its in the dinning room on deck 6..it is accessed by only 2 elevators (in a bank of 6 elevators) or by stairs going down from deck 7. There is no bathroom near the dinning room, you have to go up to deck 7. The AT dinning rooms are on deck 5 & 6 and are identical, but bathrooms are nearby.

We always have Traditional dinning, but we took AT on the Grand. because I use a scooter and the elevators were always too busy and I could not take the stairs :).

We spoke to the M D and requested the same table and same time each nite for the AT room and there was no problem. That way you do not have to stand in line each night.

There are always 2 lines for the dinning room...the one on the left is for people without reservations, and the right side just walked in to their table. Since you want a table for 8 I would think you would have no problem getting a standing reservation. Just go the first day to talk to the MD.

you will love the grand...great staff, and a great ship.

Ask your TA or Princess where you are on the waitlist. If between 1 and 30, I think you have a good chance of clearing before sailing. If 100 and above, very little chance.

Archived