Amtrak discount

Rileyz

Does anyone know if the Amtrak discount is combinable with the senior or AAA rate? Thanks

This is from the Amtrak site:

"Disclaimer: Offer is subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased and upon which the discount is based. This fare is not combinable with any other discount offer. Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.

Other restrictions may apply. "

Hope they still offer the discount in 2012 as we are planning on taking the train from NYC to Tampa for our Star cruise.

We're taking Amtrak from Boston to NYC, for our June cruise on the Jewel. The rate quoted was $48.00 each way, and not combinable with other specials.

So that it with the NCL discount though, correct? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With blacout dates listed on the AMTRAC web site. Gives you the NCL discount code to use This is no ombinable with senior or group discount.

D bucket for 20% off & D Sleeper for 15% discount, which includes meals for our 12 hour ride from CLE-NYC.

Some discounts are combinable, but requires a call in to see if it available I was going to combined the adult military and veterans advantage discount to take a train from NC to MIA for our cruise, but DW severely didn't like the idea of 18 hrs on a train, even if we was to save $200 from flying. In any reference, book directly for the best price.

We contacted NCL about the discount. The lady at customer service gave us a discount code to use. Then we called Amtrak and gave them the code, I think it was 20% off. But we were only able to use it one way because we are traveling on Labor Day weekend and that was blacked out. Good luck.

Jo Anne

The code is usually only good if you are taking Amtrak from an NCL Port to an NCL Port - on a recent trip I got the discount from Miami to Washington as Miami is an NCL Port but not from Washington to Chicago - no NCL Port and then got it again for Chicago to Seattle as Seattle is an NCL port - if I remember correctly the difference with this code is that you can use it for your sleeper and not just the coach part of the fare which is usually the case.

Hope this helps a little

Cheers

Dennis

This is from the Amtrak site:

"Disclaimer: Offer is subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased and upon which the discount is based. This fare is not combinable with any other discount offer. Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.

Other restrictions may apply. "

Hope they still offer the discount in 2012 as we are planning on taking the train from NYC to Tampa for our Star cruise.

Oh my gosh...I thought I was the only person thinking of Amtrak to Tampa for my next cruise (I think NCL has one Oct 2012) I am so afraid of flying that I am willing to spend 18 hours on a train (it might be fun though).

The last time we took Amtrak and booked online it was better not to do Senior discount because they charged more...lf you can believe that one. So we paid regular fare from NY to DC and it was $98 RT. I think paying the senior discount was something like $129 RT. I would check the fares carefully and compare senior to regular prices and see which one is better at the time.

Oh my gosh...I thought I was the only person thinking of Amtrak to Tampa for my next cruise (I think NCL has one Oct 2012) I am so afraid of flying that I am willing to spend 18 hours on a train (it might be fun though).

The last time we took Amtrak and booked online it was better not to do Senior discount because they charged more...lf you can believe that one. So we paid regular fare from NY to DC and it was $98 RT. I think paying the senior discount was something like $129 RT. I would check the fares carefully and compare senior to regular prices and see which one is better at the time.

Currently the fare from NYC to Tampa is 144 each with 240 for the sleeper (that is one way) so the 20% discount would really help. Senior and AAA discount (10%) is only on the ticket price not the sleeper... hoping that the discount will be available next year... the codes usually come out in September so we are thinking of waiting till then to book... since we are doing a repo back to NYC, we only need the one way....

Does anyone know if the Amtrak discount is combinable with the senior or AAA rate? Thanks

We are traveling with our in-laws (seniors) they used their senior discount down to NYC because we could not use the NCL discount because it was blacked out. Then on the way home they used the NCL discount. I would look into it and see what you can get.

Jo Anne

Archived