Missing Cozumel?

Hi all,

For those of you who have travelled to Cozumel before - how likely is it that we miss the port? We have been on cruises before and have missed the port and we are considering doing a private excursion in Cozumel and there is no refund if we miss the port, so i am wondering how often the ship cant dock...

I've also posted this on the Cozumel board but would like ppl who have travelled on RCI's opinion. We are travelling on Allure.

Thanks!!

We have been to Cozumel several times whle crusing and have never mised the port. We always enjoy Cozumel and always return to the same reatauarant/bar in the old section of town - always a highlight of our cruise.

Been to Cozumel seven times and never missed the port. The port is on the Channel side of the island, so it's pretty well protected from the open sea. The only situation I can imagine would be if there was a hurricane in the area.

September and October in the Gulf you really need to be flexible. Of course they will stay out of the way for the hurricanes, but they will alter itineraries for fairly small tropical storms as well. Just never can be sure what they'll do ( hurricaness or the cruise line;)).

Unless you are encountering a tropical storm, you will not miss Cozumel.

Not sure about your tour selection. We have traveled to Cozumel probably 3 times a year for the past ten years and never had a tour operator have a no refund policy. What type of tour? You might want to consider another tour operator.

I would not book an excursion at any port that did not give refunds if the port was missed. We book our excursions on our own often and always at Cozumel, but there is always a guarantee of refund if we do not make the port. Sounds fishy to me. I would try something else.

Thanks guys! The tour is at Dolphinaris and it is not offered by the ship so we thought we would just do it ourselves but they dont offer refunds if the ship doesnt dock. Obviously if you book through the ship then you will get a refund if the ship doesnt dock. We will have to invstigate a little further i think!

Unless you are encountering a tropical storm, you will not miss Cozumel.

Not sure about your tour selection. We have traveled to Cozumel probably 3 times a year for the past ten years and never had a tour operator have a no refund policy. What type of tour? You might want to consider another tour operator.

Or if the port gets damaged from a hurricane that went through, that's happened before.

We learned to book with companies who issue refunds. We had paid in advance at one port and lost our money when a storm blew past. Never again! There are enough good things to do in Cozumel that don't require booking in advance. Have you thought about going to Chankanaab National Marine Park?

Archived