2012 RCL Cruises with prices of N/A - What's it mean?

I was just looking through Royal's website at cruises in late 2012 and many have prices set as N/A. Is it common for Royal to put the cruises out there but havn't set pricing for them yet? If so, is it even possible to reserve something on a cruise that has not had pricing set yet? I generally don't book cruises far into the future so please forgive my ignorance if these questions have been asked before. I am just curious why so many of the late 2012 cruises don't have any prices. Thanks!

I was just looking through Royal's website at cruises in late 2012 and many have prices set as N/A. Is it common for Royal to put the cruises out there but havn't set pricing for them yet? If so, is it even possible to reserve something on a cruise that has not had pricing set yet? I generally don't book cruises far into the future so please forgive my ignorance if these questions have been asked before. I am just curious why so many of the late 2012 cruises don't have any prices. Thanks!

N/A means not available. They are loading them into the system and this takes time, just wait a week or so.

I understand that N/A means not available. I guess I am just used to seeing that on cruises that are about to sail and are sold out. Since I am not familiar with the way Royal posts new cruises, I wasn't sure if they put the cruises out there first to give people an idea of planned itineraries, and then work on the pricing after the fact. I guess, based on what you said, that my assumptions were correct and that it's that the prices have not been loaded yet rather than the cruise actually being sold out.

I understand that N/A means not available. I guess I am just used to seeing that on cruises that are about to sail and are sold out. Since I am not familiar with the way Royal posts new cruises, I wasn't sure if they put the cruises out there first to give people an idea of planned itineraries, and then work on the pricing after the fact. I guess, based on what you said, that my assumptions were correct and that it's that the prices have not been loaded yet rather than the cruise actually being sold out.

You're correct in that these are cruises that are not on sale yet and therefore the prices have not been loaded in. For example, the Alaska 2012 itineraries just went on sale today. They loaded the cruise itineraries in there about a week ago with just the N/A showing. Now today, the prices are there. But, up until today, we didn't know when they would actually go on sale and apparently neither did the reservations reps either.

I think you are right on all of your assumptions. I've read before that Royal posts the new info in April. It seems that cabins are filling up more slowly with the current economy so it has to be that the pricing just hasn't been posted yet.

I think you are right on all of your assumptions. I've read before that Royal posts the new info in April. It seems that cabins are filling up more slowly with the current economy so it has to be that the pricing just hasn't been posted yet.

Actually not all sailings and all cabins are filling up more slowly. When the 2012 westbound TA on Jewel opened recently, within a day or two most of the favored staterooms were taken. The Meet and Mingle thread for that cruise already has over sixty pages of comments. When the Jewel 2012 repositioning cruise opens, you can expect a similar phenomenon and I suspect that will also happen with the new Brilliance itineraries that are just now being revealed. I'm not sure how involved the posting process is, but it seems pretty standard that they first post the cruise schedule and then go back and post the prices. IT at RCI isn't one of their strong suits, IMO.:)

To be honest that N/A just means they don't have their act together, again. Over a dozen of us have already booked the Voyager May 11, 2012 cruise out of Venice almost two weeks ago. The deposit has already shown up on my credit card statement. :rolleyes:

Now all the cabins for the cruise are N/A and the rest of our group can't book. Every time we call about it they give a different story: the price is changing, the ports are changing, the dates are changing. Never get the same answer twice. Two days ago we were told they are having problems with the website and if they try to load the new cruises it crashes their site. I only find it slightly amusing that RCCL currently has $900 of my money for a cruise no one else can book.

So I guess we all just play the usual spring waiting game till RCCL gets their act together. Sounds just like the spring of 2010. :D

Bill

Actually not all sailings and all cabins are filling up more slowly. When the 2012 westbound TA on Jewel opened recently, within a day or two most of the favored staterooms were taken. The Meet and Mingle thread for that cruise already has over sixty pages of comments. When the Jewel 2012 repositioning cruise opens, you can expect a similar phenomenon and I suspect that will also happen with the new Brilliance itineraries that are just now being revealed. I'm not sure how involved the posting process is, but it seems pretty standard that they first post the cruise schedule and then go back and post the prices. IT at RCI isn't one of their strong suits, IMO.:)

To make it even stranger, the Jewel TA that Bill mentions was available to book by phone for about a week before it became available online. Just about all of the hump and aft cabins were gone before anyone who di not think to call in and ask.

The next one I am interested in is a cruise in 2013 and it has been on the website with no prices for several days. I'm calling twice a day in the hopes of getting the (very popular) cabin we want.

To make it even stranger, the Jewel TA that Bill mentions was available to book by phone for about a week before it became available online. Just about all of the hump and aft cabins were gone before anyone who di not think to call in and ask.

The next one I am interested in is a cruise in 2013 and it has been on the website with no prices for several days. I'm calling twice a day in the hopes of getting the (very popular) cabin we want.

I did that for the Alaska 2012 itinerary we wanted. I called several times a day and even set my alarm clock several nights in a row to get up at midnight. I saw a post on here from yesterday evening where someone said they were able to book over the phone however I couldn't find someone that could do it until early this morning. But, it paid off and we got the stateroom we wanted.

Archived