All you can drink packages......I can see why Princess doesn't offer them.

Toto2Kansas

Personally, this looks like a very easy situation to fix.

You put a time limit on drink redemptions which is kept track of on the computer.

Not sure that is the perfect solution but a start to get people to stop sharing.

Hi There

All inclusive systems I have seen in the past have been you had a token

which allowed youto buy one drink at a time and was limited to a certain

number of drinks per hour.

My own view I would prefer to see a drinks card which would allow to get

say 30 drinks for the price of 26.

yours Shogun

This DOES happen on Princess ships. Seen it. Done it. If the rule can be broken to your advantage, then people do it. It's the cruise line's fault really. They should have thought of this when they rolled these packages out. If they change it, then we'd move with it. Simple.

I do like the punchcard method. A certain number of drinks per day would be fine by me if it would mean the cruise line would be comfortable enough to implement the program.

It's important this program works for RCI. It's the only chance we have of Princess adopting something similar.

These drink packages just started less than a month ago and it is only available on 3 ships in the UK. Sounds like they just suspended it on one sailing on the IOS. Perhaps they caught some cheating the system.

Celebrity has had a drink package in place now for almost a year and most seem to like it.....especially because their drink prices are very high. So far I heard no problems with it and I suspect Princess will have one in place in the near future.

I like the system I saw at a resort ages ago. For a certain pre-paid price for the entire stay you received X amount of credit per day (more than enough for most drinkers). Anything over that allottment you paid. For example, $250 pre-paid for a 10 day cruise would allow $60 per day (7-10 drinks depending on price), or alternately just X drink credits per day up to $X each.

Disney has a similar system for food with their dining plans and it works well.

Archived