Hmmmmm....interesting RCL drink package

happy cruzin

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4442

For those who think that Carnival should follow RCL's lead....... a very interesting article on CC home page about the all-inclusive drink packages that began in March being suspended on RCL Independence of the Seas.

Interesting......wonder what "guest feedback" they are referring to that would apply only to that ship :confused:!

Maybe "guest feedback" is actually RCI trying to figure out a way to have some control. Lets face it, if people try to share a soda card you can bet the farm on the fact that they are sharing a drink card!:rolleyes:

These packages also offered on Celebrity. We took advantage of it last year when we sailed on the Summit to Bermuda. It was an absolute bargain and it’s regulated closely, Its easy to share the soda card, not the cocktail card, they watch closely, but again we saved a whole lot of money. We had received an OBC, so when we go off the ship our bill was negative $97.00, we would buy again in a minute; let’s hope more lines offer it soon.

Maybe "guest feedback" is actually RCI trying to figure out a way to have some control. Lets face it, if people try to share a soda card you can bet the farm on the fact that they are sharing a drink card!:rolleyes:

That was my first thought ;)...when the single out the largest ship for the suspension :rolleyes:!!

I find it interesting the way people exaggerate when it comes to posting something about RCL on the Carnival board.

Just a FYI ...this is for ONE sailing only. ONE. (you would think the OP would have mentioned this, when instead it reads to me like it was stopped for the ship indefinetely).

exaggeration to me to post that it has been discontinued on this ship (without saying for one cruise). If I was guessing why IT etc is involved, I believe they want a way to track how many drinks are being served?? Right now you just show you bought the package and go up to the bar and there is no accounting done, the bar tender just hands you the drink.

Royal Caribbean has confirmed to Cruise Critic that its new all-inclusive drinks packages, which debuted in March on three ships, have been suspended for one sailing on Independence of the Seas.

In a statement, the mega-ship line noted that the package was shelved on Indy's 5 April sailing (an 11-night Canary Islands voyage) "in order to make some changes based on guest feedback." The package has been discontinued for the current sailing only "whilst both the IT system and product offering are being adjusted," noted spokeswoman Sarah Rathbone. It will be reinstated (bottoms ups!) for the 16 April cruise.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4442

For those who think that Carnival should follow RCL's lead....... a very interesting article on CC home page about the all-inclusive drink packages that began in March being suspended on RCL Independence of the Seas.

Interesting......wonder what "guest feedback" they are referring to that would apply only to that ship :confused:!

I think you may be making a mountain out of a molehill here. It was a one time suspension on a ship sailing out of the UK. That's all. It sounds like there were some hiccups in the system that needed tweaked. All they are doing is fixing whatever the problem was. The article eluded to it being an IT issue.

I find it interesting the way people exaggerate when it comes to posting something about RCL on the Carnival board.

Just a FYI ...this is for ONE sailing only. ONE. (you would think the OP would have mentioned this, when instead it reads to me like it was stopped for the ship indefinetely).

exaggeration to me to post that it has been discontinued on this ship (without saying for one cruise). If I was guessing why IT etc is involved, I believe they want a way to track how many drinks are being served?? Right now you just show you bought the package and go up to the bar and there is no accounting done, the bar tender just hands you the drink.

Sheez...:mad:

No exaggeration from my perspective.....one sailing or all of the sailings doesn't matter to me (the OP) . I just found it interesting that it did not make it a month without being suspended - and thought others might as well.

I think you may be making a mountain out of a molehill here. It was a one time suspension on a ship sailing out of the UK. That's all. It sounds like there were some hiccups in the system that needed tweaked. All they are doing is fixing whatever the problem was. The article eluded to it being an IT issue.

Nope.....just found it interesting that the new program already had enough issues that it needed to be "tweaked" - at all. I would have thought that the logistics for IT support or tracking would have been worked out prior to beginning the program.

That's all..... ;)

The prices seem quite reasonable. I don't drink a lot, but if CCL puts in a card like RCCL, at the same prices, I may just start!:p

LOL I like your attitude :)

How much are they charging for that? I read the article but couldn't figure out the price.

It listed $29 for beer and wine. Are the prices per day? Seems like a pretty good deal.

I could drink $29 worth of beer a day no problem. Only problem is I would be so bloated they'd have to roll me off the ship. I love my Sam Adams.

Archived