Crab Legs/Crab Cakes/Crab anything?

millerboy88

Can anyone confirm if this is true? I am booked for Alaska on the Sprit May of 2012, and when I looked up trip reports online I did not see any mention of crab legs. I know they have special Alaska fish dishes, but no mention of crab legs anywhere. I so look forward to Alaska crab legs I plan to head straight to Tracy's King Crab Shack once the ship docks in Juneau, and I plan to bring another bucket back with me and enjoy on the cabin when the ship leaves Juneau. (Anyone knows if they allow outside food onboard?)

Crab leg appetizer only one night on our Carnival Spirit Alaska cruise.

On longer cruises - certainly longer than 7 days - there should be a crab leg appetizer one night and also an oyster appetizer once night in the MDR.

I think a bucket from Tracy's is something over $50.

On our cruise, the crab leg appetizer happened to be Juneau - which is where Tracy's is.

Princess has Alaskan King Crab legs on all their cruises. On my last princes cruise, I noticed that they moved it from the dinner section to the appetizer section. Waiter said it was done as a cost saving measure, but he could bring me multiple plates and serve it to me as a dinner. So, I did just that, peeled out the meat and mixed with my princess fettuccini- yum!

I so look forward to Alaska crab legs I plan to head straight to Tracy's King Crab Shack once the ship docks in Juneau, and I plan to bring another bucket back with me and enjoy on the cabin when the ship leaves Juneau. (Anyone knows if they allow outside food onboard?)

Are you allowed to bring them back on aboard:confused:

I know on the Ecstasy & Conquest, I usually look at the MDR menu then decide if I will go or skip it to go to the Lido Buffet. All 3 times, they(crabcakes) were on the buffet the same night as offered in the MDR.

I am a New Englander originally, & did not think they were all that great - just rather 'OK'. I have also had Maryland/Chesapeake Bay crab cakes and there is NO comparison.

Tried Caribbean Princess for their first night seafood buffet. Crab legs, lobster claws, shrimp- Honey said I ate the ocean dry that night.

To me, there aren't a lot of buffets that make me want to skip the MDR, but that is one. That is a mighty fine buffet. A great way to start a cruise.

I'm used to Maryland crab cakes so I usually don't order the ones they have on board anyway because they taste funny to me :D

Growing up in Maryland, I tried crab cakes once and Carnival and never again.

They were beyond mediocre, bordering on horrible.

Bill

Archived