Crab Legs/Crab Cakes/Crab anything?

millerboy88

Crab cakes are offered onboard... at least once per cruise has been my experience...

:)

Crab cake was offered as an appetizer in the MDR...

Thanks, I had forgotten about the crab cakes.

deep fried oysters on ships that have a fish and chips restaurant... Freedom had them.

That would me nice. I have never been on a ship that had the fish and chips restaurant.

I have never seen any meals that oofer crab? Wonder why? Or have I just missed it. They have oysters,shrimp,lobster, and fish, but I have never seen crab? CRAB anything

Boy , you really leave the door wide open with that comment :D

Mach is right again, crab cakes.

Had them as a starter on Elation in February and they were very good. Two cakes with lots of lump crab meat and just enough binder to hold them together.

I'm used to Maryland crab cakes so I usually don't order the ones they have on board anyway because they taste funny to me :D

The only way to get crab legs is to go on an Alaskan cruise. They are offered practically every single night as either an appetizer or entree.

We have seen Crab Cakes offered in both the MDR and (I think) The Steakhouse.

I have never seen any meals that oofer crab? Wonder why? Or have I just missed it. They have oysters,shrimp,lobster, and fish, but I have never seen crab?

Last month on Elation we went to the MDR for lunch. Our DS had a seafood chef's salad as his entree that was loaded with crab meat, shrimp, scallops; there were even tiny dollops of caviar atop the scallops. It was beautifully presented and was delicious (according to him - he didn't share too much;))!

DE-Lish!!!:D

I ordered them last year on the Triumph, took one bite, and asked the waiter to bring more! I made a meal out of the crabcakes.

I hope they are as good on the Freedom this year.

That would me nice. I have never been on a ship that had the fish and chips restaurant.

Carnival Liberty-located upstairs-where there is extra seating off the buffet. Only open certain hours-get there early-or there is a line.

The only way to get crab legs is to go on an Alaskan cruise. They are offered practically every single night as either an appetizer or entree.

We have seen Crab Cakes offered in both the MDR and (I think) The Steakhouse.

Can anyone confirm if this is true? I am booked for Alaska on the Sprit May of 2012, and when I looked up trip reports online I did not see any mention of crab legs. I know they have special Alaska fish dishes, but no mention of crab legs anywhere. I so look forward to Alaska crab legs I plan to head straight to Tracy's King Crab Shack once the ship docks in Juneau, and I plan to bring another bucket back with me and enjoy on the cabin when the ship leaves Juneau. (Anyone knows if they allow outside food onboard?)

Had them as a starter on Elation in February and they were very good. Two cakes with lots of lump crab meat and just enough binder to hold them together.

I'm used to Maryland crab cakes so I usually don't order the ones they have on board anyway because they taste funny to me :D

I laugh when I see "Maryland Crab Cakes" on the MDR menu....any restauraunt menu for that matter! And DH will order them just to have the opportunity to tase and then explain to the server how they are not "real" crabcakes!

:(Doesn't seem so funny as I write it here!....

You'd have to be there...

But gemsm....You are right....and they probably taste funny because they are not real crabcakes!;)

And if you are from MD and eat MD crabcakes often then you understand!

Otherwise come to MD and I wil take you for crabcakes!

By the way, I am a Californian who hated crabcakes till I moved to Maryland!

Archived