Anyone stay at Embassy Suites at Port Everglasdes?

DISFANS3

Has anyone stayed at the Embassy Suites at the port everglades ? How close is it to the Cruise line port going on the Allure, and how close is it to the airport?? Also does the Embassy have shuttle service to both?? WE are looking for a hotel with a view of the port as the ships come in. Is it worth the money or should we stay someplace else?? Thanks

A search finds these threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1375855&highlight=embassy+suites+ft+lauderdale

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1327135&highlight=embassy+suites+ft+lauderdale

And many many others. I believe Hyatt Pier 66 is the only one that has a true view of the port. There are many hotels close to the port and airport. Close is relevant.

We have stayed there about 9 times...its our favorite pre-cruise hotel...manager's reception in the evening and full cooked to order buffet breakfast in the AM.

It is 10 minutes from the airport ..usually about a $15 taxi plus tip. They do not have a free shuttle anymore. They do provide shuttle service to the port for $7pp..see the concierge to the right of the check in desk.

!7th ST is a great area to stay...alot of shops and resturants within easy walking distance...Outback restaurant minutes out the side door thru the pool area.

Ask for a high floor facing the port.

We stayed across the street at the Marriott last February. Taxi from the airport was a flat fee of $20 or 25, I don't remember which. We took a taxi in the morning for $5 and got aboard the Radiance by 11:30.

Just came back from Ft. Lauderdale- the Embassy Suites has a great restaurant- with lunches on the pool terrace and lunches & dinners inside. So good, we will be staying at the ES for our next cruise. (Have stayed at ES in Jacksonville- very nice.)

We stayed across the street at the Marriott last February. Taxi from the airport was a flat fee of $20 or 25, I don't remember which. We took a taxi in the morning for $5 and got aboard the Radiance by 11:30.

If you were charged a flat fee of $20 to $25, you were ripped off! Taxiis from the FLL airport are required to charge by the taxi meter. From FLL to the Embassy Suites should be less than $15 on the meter!

We LOVE the Embassy Suites! We usually take an early flight from Milwaukee arriving at 11:30 a.m. Sometimes the room is ready, other times not. They will store our luggage and then we head out to the shopping area behind the hotel. They have various restaurants (fast and sit down), liquor store, publix grocery store.

As we usually stay a few days before te cruise, we buy food for lunches and such. There is a trolley that takes you to the beach for $1...kids free.

Great irish bar across the street, starbucks and dollar store all in walking distance.

Like I said before, LOVE this hotel.

This hotel looks awesome and I love the Manager's Reception at ES. However, the lowest rate for our Saturday night in January is $280?? Any ideas for a better rate?

You might try using this link. It may help:

Link to join Hilton Honors

Enter this code on the Embassy Suites website: 0560041604 Then you just fill in the HHonors number with the password they give you when you sign up. Anyone can join.

Thanks - I gave it a try but it didn't change the rate :o. Where was I supposed to put that 0560041604 number?

Sorry it didn't help. That number was to go in the Corporate Acct. number when making the reservation. It helped on mine, but when I checked your date, it stayed the same. Maybe one of the other Hilton hotels may have a better rate?

You might try using this link. It may help:

Link to join Hilton Honors

Enter this code on the Embassy Suites website: 0560041604 Then you just fill in the HHonors number with the password they give you when you sign up. Anyone can join.

Holy crap! You just saved me $100!!! That number dropped our rate by $50 per night. Thanks for the info! These types of deals NEVER work out for me.

That was all I needed to convince the husband to stay there because he is Mr. Cheap-o Tightwad.

Holy crap! You just saved me $100!!! That number dropped our rate by $50 per night. Thanks for the info! These types of deals NEVER work out for me.

That was all I needed to convince the husband to stay there because he is Mr. Cheap-o Tightwad.

Thanks for letting me know, I am so glad it worked out for you! Have a good trip!

Archived