Grand Circle Air Arrangements - do they change?

bobinaustin

I booked a GCT tour for this September several months ago. I have a confirmed reservation on United. GCT won't commit that this will not change - since they haven't actually paid for the ticket. I wondered if anyone has experienced last minute changes to air carrier or any change once they had been told the flight arrangements. I'd like to buy United's Premier Pass to upgrade seats.

Thanks,

Flight schedules get changed regularly- I just spent 20 minutes clarifying our second change in less than 2 weeks on flights we have scheduled in December. Mostly the changes are a few minutes one way or the other. But occaisionally, they can be huge, or even cancelations. But that is fairly rare. If the changes really inconvinence you, usually the airline will try to help. In some cases, that "help" makes the problem worse.

Re-reading your post- are you talking about airfares, or scheduling? Airfares change daily. If you haven't paid, you will pay that days rates. However if GCT hasn't paid, they may have some locked in fare.

Usually the fare paid by a tour operator isn't upgradable, by any method. However, recent trends indicate you might pay for a "deviation" when you book the fare thru the Tour Company, which may get you an upgradable fare, or in many cases, a choice of carrier, route or departure time.

Thanks,

I bought the air with the cruise. My itinerary shows the United flight and I can log into United and change seats, for example. United offers a plan that for $425 you can move into seats with more legroom in coach - it's not an upgrade of class. The $425 is good for one year and includes a companion - so it's a good deal. It works for the overseas flight.

I only need to be "guaranteed" that I stay on United - regardless of the routing. GCT won't do that. I can either wait to buy the option from United or risk the money now. Decisions, decisions ....

You want to purchase the annual E+ option. Personally, I would wait, as if you don't plan to fly UA in the next year, and this ticket is changed, you will have wasted $425. Anyway, it's good for one year from the date you purchase this option, so I'd wait anyway.

You may be confirmed, but you aren't ticketed.

Archived