Upgrade - If and when?

If you are lucky enough to have the magic upgrade fairy wand wave for you, you may not know about your upgrade until you get to port.....

There are quite a few people on this sailing that are looking for an upgrade, including ME!!!

Happy sailing!!!!!

Sailing aboard the Allure May 8 - 15th. I noticed on the RCCL website that there are many cabins still available for this cruise. Can anyone tell me if and when they would hand out upgrades? Thanks for the info...

For the May 1st cruise there were 14 Junior Suites available up until a day or two ago and its suddenly 2 left. I did see in the main forum someone on Oasis just got an upgrade for this Saturday's cruise. FWIW.

I think it depends on the cabins left as to what and who they upgrade. We cruised back in January and about four or five days before our cruise I received a call from inventory management with an upgrade offer but it was for a price. We were in a suite and they wanted to upgrade us to a higher level. I don't think that there is a rhyme or reason how they do the upgrades. They are supposed to start with D+ and work their way down the list.

I have received FREE upgrades from inside cabin to Ocean View mid-ship no charge. I received an email from my TA 3 days before the cruise.

Then on my last cruise for an extra $69pp I was able to upgrade from an inside cabin to a balcony cabin. What a deal that was and I nabbed it. That upgrade was offered 5 days before the cruise.

Wish you the best

I was notified of mine, 12 days before my sailing on the 24th April. A nice upgrade from Balcony to GS, thanks Royal.

Chip, why havent you been on the M&M board for your cruise. We are on that sailing also and wound up with a JR Suite from a balcony. See you around the Concierge lounge.

Sailing aboard the Allure May 8 - 15th. I noticed on the RCCL website that there are many cabins still available for this cruise. Can anyone tell me if and when they would hand out upgrades? Thanks for the info...

In checking with C&A regarding upgrades if u r diamond member or above the upgrades are generally done a one to two weeks ahead of the cruise date. We r going on Allure the week before you we choice the balconey overlooking central park. Last April on Oasis we had a handicapped room ( I had broken my foot and was in a leg brace) that was an inside room but very nice. Our cruise looks almost fully booked as per C&A so I guess we will not be upgraded. good luck

So I see our May 1st sailing has lots of suites available. How exactly does the upgrade work at the port?

I wish I knew we are on that cruise and already have an inside balcony overlooking central parke If you find out let us know. I think I call C& A again before we leave for Florida

Archived