BTB cruise question

6pack

We are doing a 14 day BTB (Southern / Western) Caribbean cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. As we will not be changing staterooms what is the process? Do we have to leave the ship after arriving back to Ft Lauderdale on day 7?

Thanks in advance

Dave

You can choose to go out for the day and leave early (8 or 9 or so) with the rest of the pax and return after noon, or you stay aboard and get led off and around and back on in a 15 minute process around 10:15. Choice is yours, instructions and new cruise cards are delivered to you the night before.

Perfect! Thank you so much for providing this information :)

We did our first B2B last Summer. I really felt like I lost a day back in Port. The benefit of the B2B was that a lot of the Staff knew us and we were treated extra special the 2nd week. Also, the Maitre D invited us during the first week to select any table we wanted for the 2nd week.

We did a B2B out of Ft Lauderdale in March, and didn't need to change rooms...we wanted to pick up wine in port so we walked off....the steward told me the ship needed to be empty by 10am and that we would probably be allowed back on around 10:30. We walked to the Walgreens store which is a short walk from Pier 2 and picked up some wine. Were back to the port by about 10:30 and then waited to board.

We were back in our room by about 11:15.

The reason why it took 45 minutes is b/c we were one of the last of the B2B'ers in line and so we had to wait awhile in line as we were all photographed again.

Now, if you do the 14-day as a single cruise, I assume you don't have to leave the ship? I'm thinking of doing the 14-day (or 7-day b2b) Caribbean cruise next year on the Grand...

If it's also sold as a 7 day, then yes, you will still need to leave the ship.

When you you return to the ship for the second half of a B2B do you need to go back through the check in lines to get new cruise cards?

They send the new cards to your cabin the night before. All you need to do is walk on and get a new photo taken.

If it's also sold as a 7 day, then yes, you will still need to leave the ship.

Ah darn! Pia, thank you for your responses, and thank you for all those lovely "live from..." I have enjoyed them very much. The cruise bug bit me pretty hard, and now I cannot envision not cruising twice a year (I get 15 vacation days a year)... It has become a very expensive addiction - especially since I now must have a balcony!

Archived