Fain’s compensation balloons to $8.6m

Well now I know why the prices are so high to sail on RCI. How sad.

Prices are dictated mainly by supply and demand. Other cruise lines would charge more if they could. Has nothing to do with what the CEO is being paid.

Edited by cruisingator2
  • Like 1

Prices are dictated mainly by supply and demand. Other cruise lines would charge more if they could. Has nothing to do with what the CEO is being paid.

I think most people realize that (or I hope so) but he is a convenient target when people find that cruise prices are rising and want to blame someone rather than recognize the economic facts that the economy is improving to the point that they can charge more for their cruises and still sail at or above capacity. Not sure any CEOs are worth what they are paid, but in Fain's case, he has certainly overseen a tremendous expansion of the corporation's fleets and the introduction of some spectacularly innovative features on their ships, not only on RCI but on Celebrity as well, and recent reports seem to be much more positive about Azamara's performance. When you consider some of the salaries and bonuses being paid to CEOs of corporations that are losing vast sums of money and performing quite badly, Fain is certainly more deserving of his money than they are.:)

• Like 1

I wonder if he pays more taxes than General Electric???......I know I do!!!;)

There is a good case for eliminating all corporate tax anyway. A corporation is taxed twice. Once one earnings, then when those earnings are paid to shareholders in the form of dividends or stock buy back, those dividends are taxed too as are the capital gains on the stock. If corp taxes were eliminated, that money that had gone to the US treasury would now be retained by the corporation. And the corporation would either spend it or return it to share holders.

There is a good case for eliminating all corporate tax anyway. A corporation is taxed twice. Once one earnings, then when those earnings are paid to shareholders in the form of dividends or stock buy back, those dividends are taxed too as are the capital gains on the stock. If corp taxes were eliminated, that money that had gone to the US treasury would now be retained by the corporation. And the corporation would either spend it or return it to share holders.

Or give it to their executives or board members, while the average working stiff will have to make up the lost tax revenue with increased taxes.:rolleyes:

• 8 years later...
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2011 at 7:16 PM, jeffreytg said:

Or, they could shut down GE, Boeing, and other corporations that receive tax breaks.

Then we could get rid of the hundreds of thousands of employed people who buy cars, houses, food, appliances, go on vacations, AND pay taxes and overall keep the economic engine running.