Johnny Walker: Blue

StringerBell

I can't say for Carnival but on Celebrity they did. I wanted to try it and it was around 25 bucks for a shot. I found drink prices to be rather the same across all lines so Carnival should be about that.

The prior poster was right about St. Martin. I saw it for 75 a litre but the question is was it legit? Other prices I found were mostly in the 90-100 a bottle. St. Thomas has it for 110 and the cruiseships all will match prices.

Sorry for butting in ... But as a Scotch Lover (aka ... so much so my entire body is now Scotch Guarded) ... Was wonder if Johnny Walker Blue/Green/Gold is really worth the Price. Have not yet made it Past Johnny Walker Black.

Is there a difference that makes it worth it, or are those who buy it just paying for the fact that it is Aged(?) longer.

Problem here is, if there is a difference and I like it .... I could go broke?

Thanks,

Steve

Sorry for butting in ... But as a Scotch Lover (aka ... so much so my entire body is now Scotch Guarded) ... Was wonder if Johnny Walker Blue/Green/Gold is really worth the Price. Have not yet made it Past Johnny Walker Black.

Is there a difference that makes it worth it, or are those who buy it just paying for the fact that it is Aged(?) longer.

Thanks,

Steve

We recently bought 4 x 20cl bottles black, green, gold & blue for £70 british pounds ( you may wish to convert) via a reputable website. Don't drink it myself but bought as a gift for a special friend, they were decent sized bottles and a good way to test them:D

Thanks,

Steve

There certainly is a difference. Blue tasted pretty much nothing like Black. It's great stuff, of course it's only an occasional indulgence for most folks. The only times I drink it is when we go in on a bottle for a birthday/bachler party/celebrate a birth, etc.

They did have shots available on NCL last time I was aboard for $23 a shot, which I thought was a steal. Maybe they just really jack up the bottle price in the states.

My last post before we get kicked off here for not talking Cruise stuff...

J Walker Blue on the web sells for $134.95 for 750 ML... Which would be lower than here because of State Taxes....

Below that ... Johnnie Walker Blue Label 200th Anniversary Limited Edition Cask Strength 121 Proof 750ml was listed .... $3499.95 That's $291.65 a shot. And if you can't handle the price or the 121 proof you can always start a camp fire with it. But it better have a GOLD Flame.;)

Perhaps on the upcoming cruise I'll splurge for a shot of the cheapest one above.

Have a good one!

Stve

My last post before we get kicked off here for not talking Cruise stuff...

J Walker Blue on the web sells for $134.95 for 750 ML... Which would be lower than here because of State Taxes....

Below that ... Johnnie Walker Blue Label 200th Anniversary Limited Edition Cask Strength 121 Proof 750ml was listed .... $3499.95 That's $291.65 a shot. And if you can't handle the price or the 121 proof you can always start a camp fire with it. But it better have a GOLD Flame.;)

Perhaps on the upcoming cruise I'll splurge for a shot of the cheapest one above.

Have a good one!

Stve

Sweet fancy Moses. A third of the world's household yearly income is less than that:o. I have had cast strength McCallens which was also 121, $80/750ml on sale. Not....to be.....taken lightly......:) Two shots of that and you wake up in Hong Kong a week later with a new wife.

I doubt Carnival has it in their bars. I find the booze selection to be quite limited actually on Carnival. Celebrity likely has it. Isn't there a way to e-mail a given ship and ask? Other cruise critic folks likely can tell us how to email and ask

I doubt Carnival has it in their bars. I find the booze selection to be quite limited actually on Carnival. Celebrity likely has it. Isn't there a way to e-mail a given ship and ask? Other cruise critic folks likely can tell us how to email and ask

Yep, I have found CCL high end liquor pretty sparse. Maybe 4 or 5 decent single malts at the bar, thats about it. But then again, that's all I really need:)

Archived