Liberty, Glory, or Legend? Which do you like best and why?

bethtogo

My personal favorite is the Legend...big enough but more space per person ratio, so doesn't feel as crowded as some of the larger ships. The aft Lido (Serenity area) is open to the ocean, while the others are enclosed by glass. Staff is wonderful, food is very good and it jsut feels right. It doesn't have the big screen on Lido (a plus for me, but some folks really want that).

We were on the Legend in March 2009. Everyone on board including the other passengers made it a trip of a lifetime. The ship is easy to navigate and the staff as second to none. They make it feel like they are there to take care of just your needs and nothing else. Tampa is also a very easy port to get through, not many lines. Good luck in choosing, my pick is the Legend.

Legend .

It will get the majority of votes. I agree with the members above.

No question, for sure very high crew performance combined with a ship size and layout that makes everybody feel comfortable and uncrowded. Cozy.

In addition, we find that the rooms are more quiet.........less noise from neighbors....I guess the walls are higher quality ! The "ride" is better, too...less rolling around. Overall, you feel like like you're on a ship that's in balance control as it travels on the elegant seas !

Our third Legend trip later this year. Out of one of Carnival's most efficient ports...Tampa.

We love the Glory and are booked on the Liberty later this month. Lots of people complain about the difficulties of getting around on this class of ship, but my DW and I don't have any problems.

That being said, Spirit class ships, particularly the Legend and Miracle, are extremely popular. Our next cruise will be on one of these so we can make our own comparisons.

If your biggest dilemma is choosing one of these, you'll have a great time no matter what. Enjoy! :D

Got it narrowed down to these three ships; would love any reviews or recomendations from anyone who has sailed on any of these. Will be traveling with a 14 and 11 yr. old. Thanks!

I am also traveling with a 14 and 11 year old and I chose the Legend. We have already cruised 2 years ago on the Glory and loved it.... was a confusing ship to get around on though. After alot of research, I thought the Legend would be a good ship for us and came high recommended. A friend of mine has sailed: Glory, Dream and Legend and she LOVED the legend the most.

Of the three, Liberty is my favorite ship (based mostly on decor), but I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I'm one of the minority that prefers Conquest-class to Spirit-class - the layout doesn't confuse me and I prefer the layout of the lounges on Conquest-class ships. However, Legend's aft Lido deck is wonderful - much nicer than the enclosed aft Lido on Liberty or Glory. We could enjoy an adult-only pool and still keep an eye on our kids at the waterslide. As for Glory? I love the pool/hot tub in the gym. On Liberty, Conquest and Valor they replaced the pool/hot tub with an aerobics room.:confused:

My kids have enjoyed the clubs on all three ships. They're fairly uniform across the fleet. The oldest (now about to turn 20) still keeps in touch via Facebook with some of the kids he met on Legend in 2006.

This is a choice where I would go with price and itinerary.

As you can tell by my signature, I have only been on the Legend....but she is one of my favorite ships. They really got the layout right with the Spirit class ships in my opinion. Tons of balconies and with her new swanky Serenity area, I would go on her again in a heartbeat.

My parents and the rest of family have been on the Legend, the Glory, and the Freedom....and they say that the Legend is still their favorite.

So what's important to you for the cruise? Do you want a big screen near the lido pool and stadium style seating? Want a fish and chips station? Choose the Liberty or Glory. The Legend doesn't have those amenities, but does offer a less crowded feeling cruise, a single aft dining room (which I LOVED!) and plenty of other amenities (including the Enchanted Forest interior promenade that I found to be very cool). The Legend Serenity boasts an adults only pool, something very few other serenity areas include. The Glory does have a Serenity area, but I don't think the Liberty has received one yet. :)

As mentioned above though, you should have a great time on any of these.... :)

Archived