Does Celebrity NOT sail the Caribbean in July???

got2shop

They recently made the decision to leave the summer Caribbean market. Where they deploy their fleet comes down to where they think they can best be utilized-- that is, where they can make the most money. Summer in the Caribbean is the off season.

They recently made the decision to leave the summer Caribbean market. Where they deploy their fleet comes down to where they think they can best be utilized-- that is, where they can make the most money. Summer in the Caribbean is the off season.

Thats true, and to an extent I cant blame Celebrity.... however, most ships have left the Caribbean in the Summer, and not everyone wants (or can afford) to travel to Europe, or sail on Oasis & Allure. Based on the huge amount of Europe promotional emails I've been receiving, I'm wondering if Celebrity put too many of their eggs in one basket.

I still think there is plenty of room for a Celebrity ship in the Caribbean. As the S-Class ships get the most $$$, nothing says it has to be an S-Class ship. Leave them in Europe. I'd be fine with any M-Class ship or Century.

If Celebrity had a Summer Caribbean product (we were on Solstice for 2 weeks last Summer), we would book it in a hearbeat.

Can You Say, "HURRICANE"? :eek: ;)

They get out of the Caribbean in the summer because it is Hurricane Season.

I know some cruise-lines and cruisers gamble with changing/canceling iteneraries, rough seas, etc., but Celebrity is smart enough to avoid it altogether.

Hope This Helps.

Bummer for teachers!! We can't afford to go to Europe every summer!

I agree. DW and I are both teachers. Spring break isn't long enough to do a Caribbean cruise for us (we live in L.A.). Looks like it would have to be RC or Carnival if we wanted to do a summer Caribbean.

We're doing Mexico (Disney) again next spring break and Alaska (Celebrity) the following summer, but I really want to do Caribbean on Celebrity.

Thats true, and to an extent I cant blame Celebrity.... however, most ships have left the Caribbean in the Summer, and not everyone wants (or can afford) to travel to Europe, or sail on Oasis & Allure. Based on the huge amount of Europe promotional emails I've been receiving, I'm wondering if Celebrity put too many of their eggs in one basket.

I still think there is plenty of room for a Celebrity ship in the Caribbean. As the S-Class ships get the most $$$, nothing says it has to be an S-Class ship. Leave them in Europe. I'd be fine with any M-Class ship or Century.

If Celebrity had a Summer Caribbean product (we were on Solstice for 2 weeks last Summer), we would book it in a hearbeat.

Agree completely. Especially with the summer airfares to Europe.

Just to pile on for when the Celebrity employees read this :) -- one more vote for Caribbean in the summer. We're lucky enough to be able to go to Europe this summer, but we can't do it every year and so we are taking Allure next summer. But we would switch to an M-class/C-class in a heartbeat (or even an S-class, but I can understand why the flagships are not deployed to the Caribbean).

I too wish Celebrity had a summer Caribbean option. Europe summer airfare at $1K pp, plus the higher cruise prices puts it out of reach for us. We did it once and it was awesome, but very pricey. I don't think one ship is a lot to ask..... Hope they are lurking...

mac_tlc

I am with you all! I wish Celebrity had a summer option. As a school system employee (although not a teacher), it is hard to get on a ship during the school year. The school system breaks typically end up being very expensive for cruising and airfare. Then again, this is why I am looking at other cruiselines for the summer.

Unfortunately, the Solstice last summer did not sell well........so.....................

It's all about revenue. But really.............all these ships in Europe!!.. all the cruiselines are having problems filling their ships.

If Celebrity had a Summer Caribbean product (we were on Solstice for 2 weeks last Summer), we would book it in a heartbeat.

We would also. I WOULD BOOK 2 AQ TONIGHT!

We sailed Solstice last June and had a great time. I was able to take my grandchildren while they were out of school. They are world travelers, thanks to their parents Naval postings and also thanks to their parents, they have EXCELLENT manners and behavior. It was a huge pleasure sailing in AQ with them last summer and we wanted to take them again, but we will only take them on "X".

Celebrity promised that the "Solstice" was going to sail the "Caribbean year round" ! That "promise" did not last long - did it! We not only cannot afford the airfare for Europe for 4 of us, we cannot afford the airfare to Seattle for the four of us!! We live in the panhandle on Florida and can easily drive to the Florida ports but for the 4 of us that is all we can do.

I was very disappointed that "X" did not leave at least one of their ships in the Caribbean for the summer.:confused:

Can You Say, "HURRICANE"? :eek: ;)

They get out of the Caribbean in the summer because it is Hurricane Season.

I know some cruise-lines and cruisers gamble with changing/canceling iteneraries, rough seas, etc., but Celebrity is smart enough to avoid it altogether.

Hope This Helps.

I was just wondering how many postings it would take for someone to nail it !! :D ;)

I also wonder how many passengers would get pissy with the cruise line when they found their trip cancelled or changed due to the weather..

Being from Houston, I understand why the ships don't want to deal with hurricane season. However, it would be nice if they would stay through June. Most hurricanes come August-October.

"X" still cruises Hurricane prone areas during peak risk season.

Bermuda or the US East Coast and the Maritimes anyone. :p

25tiyr4.jpg

Hi Everyone !

To those who want to blame it on Hurricanes, Sorry, but I do not buy into this argument. It's a concern, but should not stop a Cruise line from offering the product.

If Royal Caribbean agreed with the Hurricane scenario, they wouldn't have spent 2 billion dollars to build Oasis & Allure of the Seas. How many Major Hurricanes have hit Florida the past 2-3 years ? Can you avoid Earthquakes, Tsunamis & Tornadoes too ? The good news about Hurricanes is there's typically plenty of notice, and ships can stay out of their way. Can you say the same for Earthquakes and other severe weather conditions ?

No matter where you deploy a ship, there will always be weather related issues.

I agree that the hurricane argument is convenient but not really the reason behind where the ships are deployed. After the recent announcement that RCCL is pulling the Navigator of the Seas out of Europe due to slacking sales, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that Celebrity will follow suit. ;)

We just came back from our first cruise with Celebrity on the Equinox and LOVED IT! If Celebrity offered caribbean cruises in September we would definitely be on one of their ships instead of Allure in September. Looking forward to experiencing the Allure but really loved the Equinox.

I agree that the hurricane argument is convenient but not really the reason behind where the ships are deployed. After the recent announcement that RCCL is pulling the Navigator of the Seas out of Europe due to slacking sales, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that Celebrity will follow suit. ;)

Hi LJ !

I'm hopeful as well. I strongly feel that most every Cruise line is severely overloaded in Europe, and they are just starting to flinch. Yesterday, Royal Caribbean announced they are redeploying Navigator of the Seas (for the Winter 2011 Season) from Europe to Ft Lauderdale - while commenting about stronger demand for the Winter Caribbean product. While this is not a Summer change, it shows that lines are worried they may have put too many of their eggs in one basket. I'm not expecting major changes, but I believe this may be the first of a few redeployments to come.

Let's hope Celebrity reconsiders a Caribbean product for Summer 2012.

Archived