That WILD and CRAZY upsell fairy!

StingRaysfan

So.. every day at some point during the day my husband and I turn to each other and say "No Upsell fairy yet" ... although he insists that it will be the notoriously absentee "Upgrade Fairy" I always disagree and have tried to tell him that the "upsell fairy" will be the one calling to stick it to us!

In any case... we cruise in 40 days. We are in an OS (which are all booked) but there have been 5 high priced GS's open for awhile now.. we have already decided that unless it's some kind of amazing deal (which it probably won't be) we are staying where we are at... but we still want the call to say we did it...

so my question is... how long before your cruise did that upsell fairy dial your digits and try to swindle you out of your money?

So.. every day at some point during the day my husband and I turn to each other and say "No Upsell fairy yet" ... although he insists that it will be the notoriously absentee "Upgrade Fairy" I always disagree and have tried to tell him that the "upsell fairy" will be the one calling to stick it to us!

In any case... we cruise in 40 days. We are in an OS (which are all booked) but there have been 5 high priced GS's open for awhile now.. we have already decided that unless it's some kind of amazing deal (which it probably won't be) we are staying where we are at... but we still want the call to say we did it...

so my question is... how long before your cruise did that upsell fairy dial your digits and try to swindle you out of your money?

I have read post from people on this board who have sailed for years and never received an upsell or upgrade call. You may never get one.

There is one GS left on our cruise too and I have wondered.....and wondered......but it is just in front of the bump out (which is why it hasn't sold) so you can't see back. But the space. And I wonder what I would do if it were offered to me for a very cheap rate. The space would be nice but we have a nice aft balcony. Someone is going to be offered it- it just isn't selling.

We had one of the bowling alley balconies booked on the Legend in Nov and about 10 days before, we got the upsell call (1st time in 6 cruises). They were offering us the Grand Suite for the great deal of $900!:eek: I told her no...$900 buys a whole lot of DOD's, and we would end up with a smaller balcony:rolleyes:

Good luck!

Thank friends! seems kinda random....

We shall see what happens....

We actually DID get a call last year but I could have SWORN it came before now which is why I asked... I really can't remember. We took that deal then to an OS, which was awesome hence our booking this time...

I'll be waiting by the phone if you read this Carnival! Make it good and make it a FREE UPGRADE!!! :D:D

My Alaska cruise they called about six weeks out. We went from an Aft-Balcony to a GS. My parents did the same and got the one next door. Two other cruises they called a few weeks out. One for the Owner's Suite on the Fascination. We were in an Extended Balcony GS and turned it down flat. The other was our Miracle cruise in October. They offered us the GS, but we were in the Deck 4 VS Suite. Not a chance I was taking that one!

My Alaska cruise they called about six weeks out. We went from an Aft-Balcony to a GS. My parents did the same and got the one next door. Two other cruises they called a few weeks out. One for the Owner's Suite on the Fascination. We were in an Extended Balcony GS and turned it down flat. The other was our Miracle cruise in October. They offered us the GS, but we were in the Deck 4 VS Suite. Not a chance I was taking that one!

NIIIIIICE! I wouldn't have given up that deck 4 VS for anything! I'm pretty sure our next booking will be on the Legend and I'm absolutely gonna book far enough out to scoop up one of those babies!

We've been on 24 Carnival cruises with the Magic as 25 on 5/22 and the Sensation on 11/17. We've never gotten an upsell or upgrade call. I'm not expecting anything for the Magic since everything above our category is sold out. I thought maybe there would be something for our Milestone cruise but apparently that was not to be. Don't hold your breath.

We've been on 8 cruises of which three were Carnival and are booked on three more Carnival cruises and I am starting to wonder if there is an upgrade fairy or tooth fairy or Santa Claus or Easter Bunny.

I've wondered the same.. but legend has told of the upgrade fairies existance though the ages... :D

I noticed prices dropping and I called our TA. We booked a regular GS but got an extended balcony GS for only $40 extra total and their was 4 or us! Call your TA and be persistant. At 1st it wasn't possible and then they could. We are 20 days out and the suites are now almost sold out as well a balconies so don't wait too long if you want an upgrade. We did this upgrade about 2 weeks ago. Good Luck!

I also have never had an up sell call, I was just wondering has anyone ever gotten on board knowing there were many cabins available and asked for a free upgrade! What happened? We are cruising on June 23 and there are maybe 70 cabins still available, what are our chances. :p

Never got a call but the upsell fairy was very generous to us for our honeymoon cruise and turned into the upgrade fairy we went from a standard balcony room (which we got for an AMAZING price to begin with) to suite with aft wrap around balcony.

I also have never had an up sell call, I was just wondering has anyone ever gotten on board knowing there were many cabins available and asked for a free upgrade! What happened? We are cruising on June 23 and there are maybe 70 cabins still available, what are our chances. :p
The ships pretty much sail full. Those cabins will all sell, or close to it, by sail time. June is a way off in booking time terms.

The upsell fairy is really an elusive leprechaun. First you have to find him (good luck finding him). Then once you locate him, you have to catch him, then you have to trick him or if he is feeling generous, he will share or give you his pot of gold.

Next cruise is number 8 with Carnival. Never even heard the upsell fairy.

Our first Cruise years ago we were booked on the Inspiration ocean view, got a call that we would be upgraded to a suite. No mention of more money just the upgrade. How cool is that, 6 cruises later never a call or upgrade!!

Thank friends! seems kinda random....

We shall see what happens....

We actually DID get a call last year but I could have SWORN it came before now which is why I asked... I really can't remember. We took that deal then to an OS, which was awesome hence our booking this time...

I'll be waiting by the phone if you read this Carnival! Make it good and make it a FREE UPGRADE!!! :D:D

On our first cruise on the Glory, DW and I got upgraded from OV to balcony, but since then no calls

Archived