FOS this Sunday...What time to get there

Hello,

We'll be headed to Port Canaveral this coming Sunday to sail on the FOS. We are not experience cruising with RCI and are wondering when we should arrive at the port. Our documents say 1pm, but it seems like everyone on here seems to get there much earlier. We are young and don't really mind waiting in line...so comfort really isn't an issue there.

Let me know what you think

Hello,

We'll be headed to Port Canaveral this coming Sunday to sail on the FOS. We are not experience cruising with RCI and are wondering when we should arrive at the port. Our documents say 1pm, but it seems like everyone on here seems to get there much earlier. We are young and don't really mind waiting in line...so comfort really isn't an issue there.

Oh definately go early......we go about 10:00am and are usually "onboard" around 11:30.

I want to start my vacation as soon as possible and I would much rather wait at the terminal for a little while than sit around a hotel!!!!

We have sailed on the Freedom of the Seas twice now and we LOVE that ship!!!!

Happy Sailing!!!!

We sailed Freedom On April 3, 2011. We were much happier waitng in line at the port rather than at the hotel, so we got a cab and were at the port by 9:30. SO many people were waiting around the hotel for the free shuttle, I was frustrated for them !!!! There were already some people in line, and they had hoped to start the embarkation process by about 10am. But apparently there was one pax who was reluctant to get off the ship from the previous sail. So it was after 10:30 before they opened the doors. We were on the ship by 11:30. Worth the wait in line !!!!

You can arrive at 0930; u will have to wait in the terminal. The last guests won't be getting off until 10am. So they won't start processing the new guests until after all the guests are off. Figure between 11am for you to start processing to board the ship.

Hello,

DH & I have been on Freedom twice- it's a FANTASTIC ship!!!

We'll definitely be getting there before 1pm.

Our hotel shuttle will be picking us up to go to the port @ 10am, so we should be @ the Terminal by 10:15-10:30. I'm with GTO~better to start your vacation as soon as possible than to sit around the hotel waiting.

btw-are you signed up for the M&M??? :D

So, sounds like we should aim for 9:30am. Thanks!!

We were on the 4/3 sailing and got there at 10:30 and still had to wait outside for a little while. I wouldn't get there at 9:30. Probably no earlier than 10.

Erika

(note- don't forget the cabins are not available till 1pm so whatever you bring on board, you will have to carry around with you till then.)

Archived