Golden Princess - Plaza Deck Cabins

DougandEric

Can anyone offer any insight as to noise in the Plaza deck cabins on the Golden Princess? We're looking at the RT Hawaii on 11/23 from LA. We've done this itinerary twice, each with a balcony but really find the balcony isn't used that much (nice but not used). I'm concerned about the noise from the theater above or the atrium area. We're usually in bed by midnight and all over the ship during the day so I'm not so concerned about daytime hours. I love the waves washing over the windows so more forward than aft would suit us. Trying to nap while a show is being rehearsed would not be good!;)

Thanks,

Doug

I will be in P321 June 4-11. I will let you know. On my last cruise on the Emerald, I wondered around and decided if I didnt get a balcony I would get an OV on the Plaza.

When I get home I will let you know about the noise levels.

M

We have had this cabin and it was fine. We love the Cat D Plaza cabins. We had one cabin in this Category that the TV was in the corner at the head of the bed. That was a pain to watch as you had to lay head down to view the TV. Another cabin there was something clanking all night below as the ship rocked. It sounded like it was on a roller. The next morning I said something to the steward about it. After that I never herd it the rest of the cruise. I think something was not secured right after sail-away. ;)I think every one will hate it there on plaza. :D Don't let the word get out, it will make it harder to get these cabins:p

Plaza deck cabins are some of the best kept secrets on the ship. Great location near the Piazza, easy access when boarding/disembarking in ports, and little to no foot traffic. If I don't have a balcony, an OV on Plaza is my first choice.

I had an outside room on the Plaza deck on the Golden to Hawaii over Thanksgiving. Loved the location and the room. No noise problems at all and it was so close to the International Cafe and Vines as well as the front elevators that never seemed too busy. Would definitely stay there again.

Archived