couple more questions on Eurodam

hazeleyez3

Are there refridgerators in all cabins? If so...

• I am assuming they come pre-stocked with surcharge items?
  • If asked, will the stateroom attendant remove them so you may use it for personal use?

Do they still have a Gala midnight buffet? I know other lines have stopped them...just not sure about HAL

All Eurodam cabins have the no-host mini-bar, and your steward will empty it if requested.

We haven't been on the Eurodam in a few years, but both our cruises in the last 6 months had the "midnight" dessert extravaganza.

the 'gala' midnight buffets were stopped a few years ago

instead hal has 'snacks' each evening -- usually starts around 11:30 -- most have a theme like italian, mexican, american, etc.

some time during the cruise there will be a desert extravaganza -- on some ships they allow you to view and take pictures around 10:30 -- then open for eating at 11:30 -- a couple of ships that we were on had them earlier in the evening - around 9 PM at what is called a pool party --but that didn't seem to go over very well -- think that pool party is now gone

• If asked, will the stateroom attendant remove them so you may use it for personal use?

Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes the steward have said he couldn't do it and then we'd just empty it out and store it inside the round chair at the desk (the seat opens up and reveals storage space).

Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes the steward have said he couldn't do it and then we'd just empty it out and store it inside the round chair at the desk (the seat opens up and reveals storage space).

That's exactly what we did last month on the Westerdam. The steward said he would tell the mini-bar guy to do it later that day. We had water and wine that we wanted to chill right away, so DH & I just put everything from the mini-bar into the stool. In doing so we found some leftover booze from the previous guest! :eek:

I gave that to our steward and told him what we had done with the mini-bar contents. It worked out great!

Archived