San Pedro - what is in the Harbour Village Shopping Center?

jasper19

Hi

Google earth shows the Harbour Village Shopping Center right near the Crowne Plaza. It is bordered by 3rd st, S Palos Verdes, 5th st and S Harbor Blvd.

I cannot seem to find out what is in there? Any stores to buy pop and water?

We are flying in and will not have a car.

Thanks

I have no idea where Google got that from. Maybe 30 years ago there was a shopping center there but not now. You can buy pop and water at Numero Uno Market on 5th and Pacific Ave.

Just go to show how inaccurate these mapping services can be.

We will be traveling with a 10-month old and will need to buy a few baby supplies before we board. Likely staying at the CP or DT. What would be within walking distance that would have diapers, baby food and maybe a cheap stroller?

Thanks

We will be traveling with a 10-month old and will need to buy a few baby supplies before we board. Likely staying at the CP or DT. What would be within walking distance that would have diapers, baby food and maybe a cheap stroller?

Thanks

If you are staying at the CP, my first rec would be CVS at the corner of Gaffey and 7th street but if you need a stroller I would suggest you have the hotel shuttle you to the Target store. You will need a shuttle to go anywhere if you are staying at the DTI.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

Google earth shows the Harbour Village Shopping Center right near the Crowne Plaza. It is bordered by 3rd st, S Palos Verdes, 5th st and S Harbor Blvd.

Thanks

We stayed at Crown Plaza, San Pedro for 3 nights in August 2007. The Harbour Village Shopping Centre was down the hill to the water, turn right and a couple of hundred yards walk. It was a little run down and tacky, a few seafood cafes/restaurants, souveneir shops, not much else. No big supermarket. The supermarkets are in downtown San Pedro.

Hi

Thanks

We stayed at Crown Plaza, San Pedro for 3 nights in August 2007. The Harbour Village Shopping Centre was down the hill to the water, turn right and a couple of hundred yards walk. It was a little run down and tacky, a few seafood cafes/restaurants, souveneir shops, not much else. No big supermarket. The supermarkets are in downtown San Pedro.

You are thinking of Ports o' Call...

"Harbour Village" is something else entirely...

You are thinking of Ports o' Call...

"Harbour Village" is something else entirely...

Yes, you are correct 'Ports o Call' I meant, sorry about that. As for Harbour Village, don't know.

Really, trust me, the Harbour Village Shopping Centre does not exist, I live here...just because Google says it exists doesn't make it so. I recently recall a poster saying the Crowne Plaza was not within walking distance because the map they looked at put the CP at 9th and Gaffey!! But if you happen to get arrested while here in San Pedro, the Harbor Police now occupy part of what used to be the so called Harbour Shopping Centre and you can make a visit that way. :eek:

Archived