LGBT Roll Call: Celebrity Silhouette T/A 12/01/12

daviddfld

Hi, Don and Mike here from Alexandria, Virginia. Have booked this crossing and we're really excited, but can't believe it's a year away!! This is our first TA crossing and first cruise on Celebrity, so double the excitement!

Hey Don & Mike ... welcome aboard. You're gonna love it!

Celebrity usually arranges to have the FOD/LGBT gatherings at the "Tastings" Bar. I personally don't like it there. The atmosphere at the Martini Bar is so much better.

David

On the Silhouette TransAtlantic earlier this month, we had FOD at 7pm every evening in the Martini Bar. I didn't manage to get to any of them because our CC group was large and I always ended up accepting invites for doing other things. But the few times I did get to the Martini Bar around that time with friends, the men were all sitting over at Crush, while the Martini Bar itself was usually packed out with passengers pre-show or dinner.

Fortunately, I met lots of guys just by sitting at the martini Bar later in the evening :p

Edited by BabeatSea

• 1 month later...

I did the Oct 2011 T/A on the Silhouette and once we passed through the Gibraltar Straits, it was too stormy and cold to get much use from the balconies.

So this might be a silly question then, but I'm considering upgrading from my inside single to either an OV or a verandah.

Has anyone done a December crossing before - and how much colder than October can I expect it to be?

Hello there. I will be joining the T/A of the Silhouette. See you all there! Single traveler here. This will be my third T/A, Second for Celebrity. Was on the Solstice 11/28/11. Hopefully there won't be as much sanitizer this time...

We were also on that sailing. Did we meet? Care to share your real name?

David & Larry (from near Ft. Lauderdale)

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from Michigan..... Hi Guys.....:)

Steve and I have booked our air for the cruise yesterday... 309 days til we depart for two day pre cruise stay in Rome. Steve's first visit to Rome and is looking forward to his first transatlantic on the Silhouette. Hoping to hear from more of those who will be onboard...

Norman

Hi Norm,

Happy New Year.

Only one other cruise scheduled before Silhouette? You need to get busy!

David

Hi David,

Two cruises planned give me 32 days on board for 2012. I am planning on using my Orange Lake timeshare in April with Steve and his family. Also entering into final stages of remodeling and upgrading the homefront has stopped me from cruising more in 2012. I have five furture passage certificates in hand just in case.....:D:D:D:D:D

Looking forward to sailing with you and introducing Steve to you on board.

Norman

Hi David,

Two cruises planned give me 32 days on board for 2012. I am planning on using my Orange Lake timeshare in April with Steve and his family. Also entering into final stages of remodeling and upgrading the homefront has stopped me from cruising more in 2012. I have five furture passage certificates in hand just in case.....:D:D:D:D:D

Looking forward to sailing with you and introducing Steve to you on board.

Norman

OK ... inquiring minds want to know ... who is Steve? ... and is he the reason you haven't posted in a while? :)

Gentlemen,

I have finally hit the enter key and booked the Dec. 1 TA on the Silouette!

I am travelling alone and looking forward to meeting all of you. It is going to be a great 15 days of exploring Europe....and the the mighty Atlantic!

I am in an Aqua class cabin which translates to 15 days of food .. wine.. friends and pampering!

Stop by and say hi!

Gentlemen,

I have finally hit the enter key and booked the Dec. 1 TA on the Silouette!

I am travelling alone and looking forward to meeting all of you. It is going to be a great 15 days of exploring Europe....and the the mighty Atlantic!

I am in an Aqua class cabin which translates to 15 days of food .. wine.. friends and pampering!

Stop by and say hi!

Welcome aboard :)

Hi David, Larry and friends,

I'm putting together a Rome happy hour for November 30th. http://www.monicapileggi.com/RomeGTG.html

Not sure who's staying in Rome or heading directly to the ship, but if you're in town, join us! I'll need to provide the place a headcount around the 26-27th. :)

Monica

Welcome to all ....

Group(s) are growing on this cruise.... Aquafest and Primetimers....

Enjoy the day....

Hi Norm,

I've seen reference to Aquafest on this thread, but not Primetimers. Is someone on the thread traveling with Primetimers?

David

Hi Norm,

I've seen reference to Aquafest on this thread, but not Primetimers. Is someone on the thread traveling with Primetimers?

David

I am not sure... but this cruise is posted with an travel agency on their national newsletter.

Norman

I am not sure... but this cruise is posted with an travel agency on their national newsletter.

Norman

I booked thru the Prime Timers because I have who had already booked with them and my partner and I really wanted to do a transatlantic on a Celebrity S Class ship. I may skew on the younger side of prime time, but I'm sure it will be fun. I haven't heard of Aquafest, so it sounds like there will be plenty of us onboard!

I booked thru the Prime Timers because I have who had already booked with them and my partner and I really wanted to do a transatlantic on a Celebrity S Class ship. I may skew on the younger side of prime time, but I'm sure it will be fun. I haven't heard of Aquafest, so it sounds like there will be plenty of us onboard!

Welcome ....

We look forward to meeting you in December...