LGBT Roll Call: Celebrity Silhouette T/A 12/01/12

daviddfld

• 4 weeks later...
Gentlemen,

I have finally hit the enter key and booked the Dec. 1 TA on the Silouette!

I am travelling alone and looking forward to meeting all of you. It is going to be a great 15 days of exploring Europe....and the the mighty Atlantic!

I am in an Aqua class cabin which translates to 15 days of food .. wine.. friends and pampering!

Stop by and say hi!

I am stopping by to say HI,

It was nice of you to firend me. Have we met before on a previous cruise? My partner David and I look forward to meeting you. Since we are now "friends" would you like to let me know your first name? :)

Regards,

Larry

I had started a thread of my own without knowing that one already existed. The drawback to Cruise Critic is sometimes it's hard to pinpoint these threads in a search. Anyway, I'm here now thanks to several of you who pointed me in the right direction. Hubby and I will be staying in Rome for two days prior. We've heard the train to Civitaveccia (sp??) :) is doable but problematic with luggage. We're traveling with another couple and the four of us may just do some sort of private car. Any suggestions there?

Anyone else staying in Rome prior to the cruise? We're likely to be exhausted tourists by the time the sun sets but if we're not completely exhausted we might be able to meet prior to embarkation.

So, to all I say: Hi!!

I had started a thread of my own without knowing that one already existed. The drawback to Cruise Critic is sometimes it's hard to pinpoint these threads in a search. Anyway, I'm here now thanks to several of you who pointed me in the right direction. Hubby and I will be staying in Rome for two days prior. We've heard the train to Civitaveccia (sp??) :) is doable but problematic with luggage. We're traveling with another couple and the four of us may just do some sort of private car. Any suggestions there?

Anyone else staying in Rome prior to the cruise? We're likely to be exhausted tourists by the time the sun sets but if we're not completely exhausted we might be able to meet prior to embarkation.

Welcome to the party!

We arranged air with ChoiceAir and bought Celebrity's transfers, but we are flying in the morning of the cruise. For a TA we usually travel with 2 bags and a carry on each. I think this amount of luggage would be too difficult to handlle on the train.

We are David & Larry ... care to share your names?

Welcome!

I've seen on the boards that people have recommended RomeCabs (not to be confused with RomeCab). I checked them online and it appears they charge 55 euros for a group of 4 (there will be 4 in my party as well). I don't think that's unreasonable and certainly is an easier way to travel than the train!

We've heard the train to Civitaveccia (sp??) :) is doable but problematic with luggage. We're traveling with another couple and the four of us may just do some sort of private car. Any suggestions there?

Re the car option, I'm arriving on the 29th and taking a car direct from Rome airport out to Civitavecchia. Staying with friends at the Hotel Miramare, right by the ocean. Did it last time and used Bobs Limo's for the transfer. They run a fleet of Mercedes cars (and van's too I think) so for 4 of you that might work out quite well. You can make the booking on their website. The driver didn't speak much english, apart from telling me the best cheese comes from Fresian cows... but the price was set when i made the booking, and he knew exactly where i had booked to go.:)

Flying out of New York on the 28th on Alitalia non stop #611, booked through choice air in biz. I chose a pre cruise package that Aquafest offered, it included 2 nights at the Hotel 47 in Rome, some sightseeing and breakfast and lunch each of the days, and then transfers to the ship on the 1st.

I used Rome Cabs before and really liked their service, they were ontime and car was a late model mercedes and was clean, driver friendly as well.

Sorry :) Where are my manners? Cullan here. Hubby is Jeff. Our friends we will be traveling with are Bob and Johnny, but they haven't made it to the thread yet. Thanks foe the tips. I will look into the oft lauded Rome Cabs.

Rome cabs. Email Stefano Costantini, the owner, at info@romcabs.com. I've use his services several times. For our transfer from Rome to the port it's 200 euros for 8 people (plus a 10 euro discount since I booked with him in the past). I have 7 since I'm soloing.

From airport to Rome hotel: He charges 55 euros for 4 people and 5 euros each additional person. If hotels are close by, there's no additional charge for a second hotel drop off location.

Monica

Hi there!

WE (Fred and Stel) are staying at Marriott Courtyard at the FCO airport. We are looking for transportation to the port of Civitavecchia on December 1st, 2012. Does anyone have have a suggestion, or would like to share the ride?

Couple from SW Ontario, Canada. Looking forward to the TA with Aquafest in December!

Are you doing the two day pre-cruise hotel package with Aquafest as well?

Edited by johhnnyt

Welcome .... Steve and I are flying in (Delta JFK to Rome) two days early too and Staying at the Leonardo Di Vinci with Celebrity transfers to port.... Looking forward to meeting all in December....

Norman

We just booked today and looking forward to a fun cruise. Looks like we'll have a good crowd aboard. Arriving in Rome a couple of days early for some sight seeing. We don't have transfers to the port so any suggestions are welcome.

Tim & Dale

Denver, CO

Hi Guys ...

Welcome to our thread. Looking forward to getting to know you a bit before we cruise.

I usually put together a roll call list showing CC name, first names, where from, dining option, and stateroom location. So far I haven't made much progress ... but any day now! (after we return from Solstice on 3/25).

David

Hi Guys ...

Welcome to our thread. Looking forward to getting to know you a bit before we cruise.

I usually put together a roll call list showing CC name, first names, where from, dining option, and stateroom location. So far I haven't made much progress ... but any day now! (after we return from Solstice on 3/25).

David

David and Larry, have a wonderful cruise!!!

Monica

Have any of you yet looked at or made choices concerning shore excursions? We have been looking at them and are forming some thoughts on what we want to do. However, there are two Florence/Pisa trips that seemingly vary only by 30 minutes in length and little else, but have wildly different prices. Does anyone know what the difference is exactly?

Have any of you yet looked at or made choices concerning shore excursions? We have been looking at them and are forming some thoughts on what we want to do. However, there are two Florence/Pisa trips that seemingly vary only by 30 minutes in length and little else, but have wildly different prices. Does anyone know what the difference is exactly?

We've been looking at the excursions but haven't decided on anything yet. We're travelling with Aquafest and they are planning to offer excursions to the group, so I think we're going to wait and see what they come up with before deciding.

We've been looking at the excursions but haven't decided on anything yet. We're travelling with Aquafest and they are planning to offer excursions to the group, so I think we're going to wait and see what they come up with before deciding.

My friend Brian and I are traveling with Aquafest as well, and I know i haven't even started to think about excursions yet. Can tell you we did the Florence/Pisa one a few years ago and it was good....to a point

The 1/2 day Florence portion was really a mad dash through Florence where didn't see much of anything other than the outside of a lot of places, 1/2 day really didn't give time to see much at all (we didn't even get to see that handsome Italian marble David).

The Pisa is really a nice photo op, but nothing else there in the vicinity other than the tower, and a village of souveneir places.

My friend Brian and I are traveling with Aquafest as well, and I know i haven't even started to think about excursions yet. Can tell you we did the Florence/Pisa one a few years ago and it was good....to a point

The 1/2 day Florence portion was really a mad dash through Florence where didn't see much of anything other than the outside of a lot of places, 1/2 day really didn't give time to see much at all (we didn't even get to see that handsome Italian marble David).

The Pisa is really a nice photo op, but nothing else there in the vicinity other than the tower, and a village of souveneir places.

Was that particular excursion done through Aquafest? Has anyone arranged something on their own, ex: hiring a taxi and winging it?

We just booked today and looking forward to a fun cruise. Looks like we'll have a good crowd aboard. Arriving in Rome a couple of days early for some sight seeing. We don't have transfers to the port so any suggestions are welcome.

Tim & Dale

Denver, CO

Hey guys! We booked this transatlantic when we were on the Connie together last May. Looking forward to seeing you both again.

--Jeff