Lunch?

pambo

Depends on where you're going. Victor's drivers know the good spots for the area you'll be in around lunch time. If you're down on the WEst End, Celeste's or Bite on the Beach are two places with good food at reasonable prices. I think a relative of one of Victor's drivers is the cook at BOTB, but may be another place there. Just tell the driver what kind of food you want and let him take you to a good spot.

Depends on where you're going. Victor's drivers know the good spots for the area you'll be in around lunch time. If you're down on the WEst End, Celeste's or Bite on the Beach are two places with good food at reasonable prices. I think a relative of one of Victor's drivers is the cook at BOTB, but may be another place there. Just tell the driver what kind of food you want and let him take you to a good spot.

Sorry meant West BAY not West END. But West END has Bertie's which is local seafood.

Thanks-I've read some great reviews of Celeste's and also of Blue Bahia in Sandy Bay. My understanding is that our driver will take us where we'd like to go. We are not doing the zipline or the monkeys so there should be a lot of time for exploring. I appreciate your help.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry meant West BAY not West END. But West END has Bertie's which is local seafood.

Has anyone on this thread dined at Berties Criole restaurant? On other threads and other sites I've seen reviews ranging from wonderful to terrible. Since we're only eating one meal on Roatan, we want the best authentic food we can get. Not looking for Big Macs here. Apparently one of Mr. Bodden's relatives who drives takes guests here. Other drivers recommend other places. Any ideas?

Has anyone on this thread dined at Berties Criole restaurant? On other threads and other sites I've seen reviews ranging from wonderful to terrible. Since we're only eating one meal on Roatan, we want the best authentic food we can get. Not looking for Big Macs here. Apparently one of Mr. Bodden's relatives who drives takes guests here. Other drivers recommend other places. Any ideas?

Old Tom, I think Bertie's Creole Cafe is the place where one of Victor's drivers relatives owns or works at. I had forgotten the name until I saw your post here. See my post on your other thread for other recs. Remember that people's tastes vary and many don't enjoy foods they aren't accustom to.

We plan on going to BOTB when we are there. Does anyone have any ideas on the prices of the food and drinks?

Archived