Booked exursions, but when will OBC show up?

abisha

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I couldn't find an answer, so sorry for the repeat question.. Anyhow, my TA said I will receive $75 OBC per cabin (I have booked two cabins). I went ahead and booked my excursions, which already came to more than the $75 per cabin, so I know I'll be able to take advantage of the full OBC amount. Those charges showed up on my credit card. I'm sure during the cruise we will have other expenses that will add up on my on-board account, but what if I don't (we don't drink and we really don't buy many souvenirs) So when will I actually see a credit back to my credit card? Is it after the cruise? How does it work?

yes.. I went on Carnival's website and booked my excursions. I thought it wasn't going to show up as a charge on my card until AFTER my cruise. Rather, I thought it would show up on my final statement at the end of my cruise, etc. Did I do something wrong? I just followed the steps online on Carnival under my booking #, etc.

How/when would I get this credit? I guess I should call the TA.

It depends on what the $75 OBC is for. Thats why Im asking so I can better answer the question. If its a Carnival promo, it is on your edocs.

If its under the table from your TA (TAs cannot discount so they arent supposed to do this), then you wouldnt see it until you are onboard.

yes.. I went on Carnival's website and booked my excursions. I thought it wasn't going to show up as a charge on my card until AFTER my cruise. Rather, I thought it would show up on my final statement at the end of my cruise, etc. Did I do something wrong? I just followed the steps online on Carnival under my booking #, etc.

If you book your excursions online then you pay for them right then and there, you will only see it on your S&S statement if you book onboard.

It depends on what the $75 OBC is for. Thats why Im asking so I can better answer the question. If its a Carnival promo, it is on your edocs.

If its under the table from your TA (TAs cannot discount so they arent supposed to do this), then you wouldnt see it until you are onboard.

The TA told me the OBC is for anything, including excursions. I was really hoping to apply it towards my excursions and didn't know that I was going to be charged for them upfront on my credit card. DH says we will most likely rack up at least $75 in charges on S&S during the cruise and doesn't think it will be an issue.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but to me "OBC" means "On Board Credit". After you pay in full, this should show up in your printed boarding info. You''ll get it applied to your bill on board.

The TA told me the OBC is for anything, including excursions. I was really hoping to apply it towards my excursions and didn't know that I was going to be charged for them upfront on my credit card. DH says we will most likely rack up at least $75 in charges on S&S during the cruise and doesn't think it will be an issue.

From what I understand you cannot use OBC beforehand to purchase excursions, if you were already on board then you could, if I am incorrect then someone please correct me.

Archived