Buccaneer kiddie pool on the Spirit question

hominid

I swear I'm not crazy but I had a nightmare the night after we booked our first cruise that my youngest DS was playing at the kiddie pool on the Spirit and fell off the back of the ship; to which I followed him off the back of the ship and woke up gasping for breath in a cold sweat!

So I have looked at pictures of the area but can't really get a good visualization of what this area really looks like and how tall the fencing around it is and how far the swim areas are from the end of the ship. He is a good boy but a bit clumsy and accident prone and I'll admit I am somewhat over protective. But if anyone else has been on this ship and seen the layout, could you reassure me that my subconscious is freaking out for no reason?

Thanks!

I swear I'm not crazy but I had a nightmare the night after we booked our first cruise that my youngest DS was playing at the kiddie pool on the Spirit and fell off the back of the ship; to which I followed him off the back of the ship and woke up gasping for breath in a cold sweat!

So I have looked at pictures of the area but can't really get a good visualization of what this area really looks like and how tall the fencing around it is and how far the swim areas are from the end of the ship. He is a good boy but a bit clumsy and accident prone and I'll admit I am somewhat over protective. But if anyone else has been on this ship and seen the layout, could you reassure me that my subconscious is freaking out for no reason?

Thanks!

If your son falls out of the kiddie pool he is going to fall onto the deck of the ship. If he falls off of that deck, he'll fall on another deck of the ship. If he falls off that deck then he will be in the ocean.

However, to get to the back of the ship will require that he fall off one more deck. If he can fall off of that many decks and still climb the railing so he can fall off the back of the ship - then I want to meet him, 'cause I've never met Superboy.

Here is the kiddie pool on the Carnival Spirit ...

Poolkids.jpg

It suddenly occurs to me that you might be referring to the NCL Spirit ...

NCLSpiritkidspool.jpg

If so, I can't answer your question, since I haven't been on that ship.

However, have you heard of the Seabourn Spirit?

There is no chance of him falling over the back. My son is also very clumsy and accident prone and a monkey to boot. No worries!

IMG_6552.JPG

Ignore his attitude in this one but you can see where the glass enclosure is around the pool ( over his right shoulder) and how much space there is to the "edge"

IMG_6555.JPG

Thanks to both of you. Sorry I didn't specify- it is the NCL Spirit(I didn't realize there were so many other Spirit ships out there!). As far as being Superboy, it would be possible. He just turned 4 but he is almost as big as a 7 year old and physically do things that he can't really understand the consequences for yet. Superhuman strength?Always getting into interesting situations. Keeps me on my toes!

A child has NEVER "fallen" off a cruise ship. No worries! So far, it's only drunken, stupid adults!!!!

But what about the child that was plucked off the cruise ship by a sea eagle ...

Animal+World+in+Color+1969+eagle+and+child+Svenhild+Hansen+Norway+Trondheim+1932+June.jpg

But what about the child that was plucked off the cruise ship by a sea eagle ...

You're bad. :p lol

On the news the other day was about the toddler who fell off a hotel room balcony - 4 stories and was caught. I kept thinking "Oh geesh, here we go again. Everyone is going to worry that their child is going to fall off the balcony"

It says the parents left the child UNATTENDED. UGH! :rolleyes::eek:

http://blogs.babble.com/strollerderby/2011/04/22/baby-falls-off-fourth-floor-balcony-into-the-safe-arms-of-a-stranger/

I have been on NCL Spirit and you should not worry. Missing from the picture is a row of lounge chairs along the railing. The chairs are do close together no child could even get close to the railing.:D

Want to bet? I'll even give you odds. Children are very creative when they are trying to get somewhere.

There is a small circular "kiddie" pool which is about 9" deep. The Buccaneer pool is for kids only up to age 12 and it was around 3-3 1/2' deep.

So the parents aren't allowed in the Buccaneer pool to help their children out on the slides?

Archived