Davids steakhouse

kirban67

David's was _totally_ worth it! To this day (two years later) I reminisce about the lobster bisque. It was the best I ever had. Note, you get a lot of food for your money, so be careful not to get too full earlier in the day.

• 3 months later...
We really enjoyed David's Steakhouse. This was our second cruise on Carnival Pride and we'll do the steakhouse every time.

I wrote a blog post (with lots of photos) about our experience:

http://delkeelife.blogspot.com/2011/07/cruising-davids-steakhouse.html

Thanks for the info and the pictures were fantastic. Sailing on Pride 8/21/11. Have made reservations for David's already. We heard so many great things about it.

Thanks for the info and the pictures were fantastic. Sailing on Pride 8/21/11. Have made reservations for David's already. We heard so many great things about it.

After having a wonderful meal at David's on the Pride in May 2011, we vowed to book there TWICE in 2012!

You will LOVE it, have never heard a negative comment or review from anyone who has dined there. The food and service are superb and a nice change from the MDR.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

David's was our first Steakhouse when the Pride was sailing out of Port Canaveral a few years ago, it was the best. We are spoiled now go to them if they are on ship. Try it you just might like it. Happy Sailing:D:D:D

We really enjoyed David's Steakhouse. This was our second cruise on Carnival Pride and we'll do the steakhouse every time.

I wrote a blog post (with lots of photos) about our experience:

http://delkeelife.blogspot.com/2011/07/cruising-davids-steakhouse.html

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading your blog. You're an excellent writer!

I eat absolutely no seafood, or fancier items like duck. I mostly eat chicken and I eat some beef. Would the steakhouse even be worth it for me?

It seemed like almost all of the appetizers were seafood. There was the raw beef, which I would never eat. I usually get my steaks well done or just under well because raw/bloody meat grosses me out.

So I guess are the steaks worth spending $30 a person for when there's so much free food (and free steaks) elsewhere on the ship?

• 9 months later...
I eat absolutely no seafood, or fancier items like duck. I mostly eat chicken and I eat some beef. Would the steakhouse even be worth it for me?

It seemed like almost all of the appetizers were seafood. There was the raw beef, which I would never eat. I usually get my steaks well done or just under well because raw/bloody meat grosses me out.

So I guess are the steaks worth spending $30 a person for when there's so much free food (and free steaks) elsewhere on the ship?

A lot of the joy of eating at the steakhouse is the setting and knowing that your food is being prepared just for you by probably the best chefs on the ship. There are usually plenty of appetizers, entrees, deserts and other offerings that you could eat, but the fact is that at it's heart, its just like any other high end steak house. Steak is what they do. So If you would not normally spend $150.00 dollars per person,on a meal during your vacation, I would not do it. Especially if I'm not eating seafood or steak. :)

On our Miracle cruise last September, we ate in the Steakhouse every night. I did have the chicken several times and it was AWESOME (especially the Wasabi Mashed Potatoes with it)! I usually started with the Spinach Salad (over the warm mushrooms - you can leave out the bacon bits if you don't want them. I prefer the salad with Ranch Dressing rather than Bleu Cheese and that was no problem either).

I thought that meal was worth every penny. (DH loved the Onion Soup as well.)

They will cook the steaks for you exactly as you want them. So, if you specify "well done" - that's what it will be.

David's is very good and worth the added cost but if you are not an adventurous eater I would not suggest going there. You can get steak (and it is very good) in the ships Normandie Dining Room. During last weeks Bermuda Cruise filet was served twice and you can get flat iron steak every day.

• 1 year later...

Archived