Navigator April 18th Review with Pictures!

Oh I noticed! I don't know if you were in the Solarium for the Twenty party, but there was a large group of girls that were having their own party up on Deck 12 watching all the adults dance and be crazy. It was pretty funny.

I missed the twenty party. When was this?

Also when were the pictures taken by Cuba with Jewel? Was this right after leaving Labadee? Time approx? We missed this also. Think we were getting ready for Chops.

aw i can't see the pictures from the previous pages anymore :(

I think it has something to do with me uploading too many pictures to Photobucket. If you click on the link that I posted a little while back it will take you to the album where you will be able to see WAY more pictures than I posted here.

I missed the twenty party. When was this?

Also when were the pictures taken by Cuba with Jewel? Was this right after leaving Labadee? Time approx? We missed this also. Think we were getting ready for Chops.

I'm not sure how you missed the Jewel. We were sailing right near each other from when we left FLL to about 1:00pm the next day. For the entire morning of Day 2, we were this close to each other:

SDC11784.jpg

Let me think...I was up until about 2:00am every night, so they kinda run together. Im gonna look at my compasses right now. Okay, it was Day 3 (Labadee) listed as 11:30pm - late.

Will, Thank you for anwering my questions. My son will just have to suffer xBox and computer withdrawal (sp) but I am sure he will find something to do. I know on Princess they show movies all day in the staterooms as well as the big screens (theater and out by the pool) does RCL do that? I will watch for the Cruise Compasses, it will be nice to see the daily acctivities.

Heather

Will, Thank you for anwering my questions. My son will just have to suffer xBox and computer withdrawal (sp) but I am sure he will find something to do. I know on Princess they show movies all day in the staterooms as well as the big screens (theater and out by the pool) does RCL do that? I will watch for the Cruise Compasses, it will be nice to see the daily acctivities.

Heather

There is no "Big Screen" on the pool deck on the Navigator. There is a "screening room" on Deck 2 that plays movies everyday throughout the cruise. I have the compasses but I just have to post them.

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for this post. Our family will be sailing on the Navigator for the first time in February. Our children are 20, 16 & 12). Have ready so many bad reviews on CC that we were starting to second guess our decision. Then I read your review. We decieded to continue our sailing. Would love to hear as much as possible about Labade as we have never been there. Did you try the roller coaster? Best beach on the island? I have read the Labade thead, but would like to get a teenagers view.

Thank you so much for this post. Our family will be sailing on the Navigator for the first time in February. Our children are 20, 16 & 12). Have ready so many bad reviews on CC that we were starting to second guess our decision. Then I read your review. We decieded to continue our sailing. Would love to hear as much as possible about Labade as we have never been there. Did you try the roller coaster? Best beach on the island? I have read the Labade thead, but would like to get a teenagers view.

I did not do the roller coaster, but I wanted to. We originally went straight ahead to the beach that had a view of the zipline, because my grandparents wanted to watch me go down. You can't swim there. After I was done on the zipline we went to the beach that was just past the gold card beach and sat there. There is also a swimming beach all the way down the island, underneath the zipline.

If you want a good place to stand on sail away on the Allure, go up to deck 14 port side, walk down the hallway as far as you can to the front of the ship there is the bridge wing views, you can only get to it on the port side, but stay on the port side for sailaway. There you can be spotted by the port everglades web cam. We requested a wave and they filmed us standing on that spot and it turned out really well when we saw it a week later in their archive.

• 3 weeks later...
There is no "Big Screen" on the pool deck on the Navigator. There is a "screening room" on Deck 2 that plays movies everyday throughout the cruise. I have the compasses but I just have to post them.

Hi Will, did you ever get those Compasses posted?

You are giving an extremely well written review.

Did I read that you are only 16?

I have been an Editor for almost 20 years

and it is so refreshing to see something so

well written by a teenager.

Looking forward to more of your review.

Keep up the great writing.

I am going on the NOS 12/4/11.

First Day at Sea:

I wanted to be up early. I wasn't really sure what time "early" was supposed to be, but I woke up around 8 - 8:30ish. That was fine by me. Everyday, I would have breakfast and dinner with my grandparents and my aunt, the rest of the time, I was pretty much on my own to do whatever I wanted, which was good for me.

Sea days are my absolute favorite! It is so great to open your curtain and see nothing but water. Not only is there water everywhere, but it is SO BLUE!!!!!!!

SDC11775.jpg

I spent some time in the pool and the hot tub. It was really hot, but in the shade it got a little chilly, plus it was VERY windy. That afternoon was the belly flop competition. This is always very fun to watch. The competition was won by Big, not his real name, I'm sure.

SDC11827.jpg

Big is the man in the redish shorts in the background. Mike, the cruise director, is the one with the mic. Behind him is Rich, and behind him is Calia.

Another one of my favorite spots on the ship was the walk-around outside deck located all around deck 4. I loved being able to go down there and be so close to the water.

SDC11790.jpg

Walking around on deck 4. I love sea days!

SDC11799.jpg

Interesting picture of the Jewel, taken from the back of the ship, deck 4

On the two sea days, the pool deck was very crowded. This is when you could really tell that there were thousands of people on the ship. While the deck itself was crowded, I was always able to find a chair, and the pools themselves were not overly crowded. What the ship could really use are some extra whirlpools. There was never any open space in any of the hot tubs until off peak hours, like after 6:00. I did notice though that around 6 o'clock every night, the pool deck would be virtually empty. I guess this was due to people who had early dinner seating that were getting ready. Also around this time were lots of indoor activities. Also noted is that save for the welcome aboard show, all other shows were pre dinner for second seating guests, so usually at 7:00pm.

SDC11846.jpg

Pool deck on our first sea day!

The was also the day that we signed up for our excursions. A tip to people sailing on the Navigator, if you have questions regarding excursions, DO NOT go to the excursion desk in the Royal Promenade. What you should do is go the Explorations desk on the pool deck, deck 11, right before the entrance to the Solarium on the starboard side of the boat. There were never many people there and they were very helpful. That is where we did our excursions. We signed up for the Chukka Beach Break in Falmouth, and I did the Dragon's Breath Flight Line in Labadee. We got signed up and they gave us our tickets right there.

You are giving an extremely well written review.

Did I read that you are only 16?

I have been an Editor for almost 20 years

and it is so refreshing to see something so

well written by a teenager.

Looking forward to more of your review.

Keep up the great writing.

I am going on the NOS 12/4/11.

Thanks! This one is finished, but I am still working on my one from the Allure. You can check that one out if you want! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439713

I have to join in bobmal99's praise of your writing ability. As a former newspaper reporter/ad manager, I also find it refreshing to know that there are indeed 16 year-olds out there who can express themselves so eloquently (and without using the words "like" and "you know" in every sentence!)

Matt - as you can tell from my signature, the Navigator is my favorite ship so I hope you don't mind that I'm now using your photo of the Nav's deck sign as my brackground pix!

You did a great job with your review, and your photos are stunning...both have helped to fill the void until I sail on the Navigator again in December! (bobmall99 and I are on the same cruise!)

AWESOME review! :) Reallly enjoyed it! We are going on the Navigator Feb 2012! One of the stops is Labadee too! That will our first time there too!

Thanks for taking the time to write the review! :) and the great pictures!!!

love your review - thanks for sharing!

We are doing this itinerary on Allure in October and will definitely be doing the zip-line now after seeing your piccies.

thanks

I have to join in bobmal99's praise of your writing ability. As a former newspaper reporter/ad manager, I also find it refreshing to know that there are indeed 16 year-olds out there who can express themselves so eloquently (and without using the words "like" and "you know" in every sentence!)

Matt - as you can tell from my signature, the Navigator is my favorite ship so I hope you don't mind that I'm now using your photo of the Nav's deck sign as my brackground pix!

You did a great job with your review, and your photos are stunning...both have helped to fill the void until I sail on the Navigator again in December! (bobmall99 and I are on the same cruise!)

Thank you very much! I'm not sure if Matt is me (my name is Will...) But if it is, then I don't care at all! :D

Thanks so much, Will - absolutely great review. I've just enjoyed sitting here reading it this morning as we're planning our cruise on the Navigator in January. Couldn't see most of the photos unfortunately but I'll check them out via your link. I'll also look for your Allure review since we're doing the 2 ships back-to-back. Really enjoyed reading about Navigator from your perspective!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived