Celebrity cruiser considering Princess - Advice?

John73

We have cruise quite a bit on both Celebrity and Princess and each line has its good points. If you are looking at a balcony cabin, try for the Caribe Deck which has much larger balconies, we sat five people comfortably out there one evening. As someone has already mentioned, the after 8:00 p.m. drink specials are a great deal. And, while I think that Celebrity food overall is better, Princess has some incredible desserts.

While the buffet on Celebrity is set up better Princess has more variety.

Storage for clothing on Celebrity is limited compared to Princess.

Showers on Celebrity A plus.

Aqua Class on the ships that have it have Blu as the dining room instead of the main dining room on Celebrity and I see that as a plus.

Main dining rooms on Celebrity leave a lot to be desired where as the Princess dining room layout and food (in my opinion) are better.

I agree..

Hmm....why did the subject about San Juan come up here?? OP mentioned in his post he is interested in the CB this Summer out of New York.

Because people were comparing CB cruises to other cruise ships and it sounded to me like they were referring to the ones out of San Juan. My point was that that itinerary isn't always representative of all itineraries. Some itineraries just because of the port tend to be more casual than others. That's my experience only. JMO. The passenger dynamics can certainly affect the experience.

Archived