Drinks in cabin pre dinner

Sharrystar

It is likely i will be taken away. You are only allowed two bottles of wine per stateroom. Unfortunately Celebrity do not have as relaxed an attitude to your own alcohol as P&O and Cunard. Shame really.

Happy cruising.

Eddie

Thanks for reply. Found a thread that certainly answers my question! Will not take drink with for pre-dinner drink! Wouldn't mind, but none of us are much in the way of drinkers anyway. Not even worth buying a drinks package for the amount we drink. Never considered it to be "smuggling" Will look at it in a new light now.

We are going with friends on Century on Alaska cruise. Have been with P&O and Cunard and have always taken onboard a bottle of aperitif. Anyone know, for sure, whether this will be taken away from us as we board? Thanks

Doesn't seem worth it Sharrystar, as it could delay your luggage getting to your room if it gets held back in the naughty room.

We have thought long and hard about the drinks package, and finally ordered and paid for it last night for our Transatlantic next week. It's expensive (premium) but we got a good deal on the cruise so all in, it all works out quite well compared to a Princess cruise we had. I'm sure we would soon spend the $54 per day on the TA with all the juices, water and coffees as well as wine and Martinis.

Have a great cruise :)

There are a number of ways to "sneak" liquids on board (not that I've ever done it myself :p). If you search you'll find some interesting ways/products to help.

That being said, I've cruised a number of lines and don't know of any that let you bring alcohol on board except for wine. All hard stuff/liquors are not allowed.

Seems a little harsh to me.

On my last cruise with Holland we brought 6 bottles of wine on board and no one even looked at them. I think we could have easily included a bottle of scotch or a liquor.

My DH and I went on a Norweigan Cruise about 2yrs ago. There was a group that brought little plastic packagages of rum on board. I don't know if they are available in other types of liquer. They bought a soda package and tipped the bartenders a little extra to look the other way and drank rum and cokes the whole cruise.

I agree. My husband enjoys Baily's before bedtime. So we'll pay $80 for a bottle of Bailey's to avoid having to carry a glass from a bar area. Just one more way to get our money.

Jodie

Have you tried the chocolate wines out there? They remind us of Bailey's and technically can be brought "legally" on board Celebrity.

We were on Eclipse in January and we bought a bottle of tequila while ashore in Cozumel. After clearing security they approached my wife and wanted to hold the bottle until disembarkation. My wife stated that would be inconvenient and that we had no intention of drinking it while on board. They allowed her to take it to our room, though we did not drink it while on the ship we could have.

In speaking with friends they reported having an open bottle of rum in their room removed by security on a Royal Caribbean cruise while they were out and about the ship. They complained but to no resolution.

I suggested they follow my tipping protocol which is to tip the room steward $50.00 cash upon meeting them the first day of the cruise, never had any problems with any request after that.

There are a number of ways to "sneak" liquids on board (not that I've ever done it myself :p). If you search you'll find some interesting ways/products to help.

That being said, I've cruised a number of lines and don't know of any that let you bring alcohol on board except for wine. All hard stuff/liquors are not allowed.

Seems a little harsh to me.

On my last cruise with Holland we brought 6 bottles of wine on board and no one even looked at them. I think we could have easily included a bottle of scotch or a liquor.

Oceania let's you bring on a moderate amount of any alcohol (Scotch,beer, wine,etc.) for consumption in your cabin....

I agree. My husband enjoys Baily's before bedtime. So we'll pay $80 for a bottle of Bailey's to avoid having to carry a glass from a bar area. Just one more way to get our money.

Jodie

As a RCL Stockholder, I'm Sooooo glad they take our booze and make us pay for it onboard. I hope they come up with even more ways of 'getting our money'....that's what they are in the business for! And as most of us, I don't mind spending my money on items I want and enjoy. And yes, it's more expensive than what I can buy at my local liquor store, but it's still well worth it.

Den

Jodie

On our last cruise a friend brought a bottle of Baileys on board. As it was in his luggage he was asked to go downstairs to remove it. They confiscated it but he pointed out it was not hard liquor and below the % level.. He was given the bottle back. I suggest you read the rules and reg's on % to confirm you can take it on board.If you find it print it off so you can show them. Good luck!!!

Archived