Enchantment vs Explorer for Bermuda

My apologies if this is a redundant thread.Need some advice...my wife and I have the major cruise bug since our maiden cruise on the Jewel OTS last fall, we have booked Alaska next year on Radiance but don't feel we can wait that long to go again. So we are looking at a 5 day trip to Bermuda this November. In order to save some money we are going to drive to the port. Baltimore, while still an 8 hour drive is within reason and Cape Bayonne is about almost 12 so that is a negative for the Explorer case. We are not looking to do a balcony for this particular trip so we will be in either an OV or inside. Would like to hear from people who have been on these ships and what the consensus is for this kind of trip.

Since the itineraries are the same I would choose Explorer since it's a much larger ship and has many more activities than Enchantment. Plus we love the Promenade. If you don't mind the longer drive choose Explorer.

Since the itineraries are the same I would choose Explorer since it's a much larger ship and has many more activities than Enchantment. Plus we love the Promenade. If you don't mind the longer drive choose Explorer.

I agree. Lots more to do on the Explorer.

I don't have a lot of cruising experience, but I have been on both ships. I would do the 5-night to Bermuda on the Enchantment, and save the Explorer for a 7 or 9-night cruise.

Yes, Explorer is larger and has more, but for only 5-nights you will be able to keep yourself occupied just fine on the Enchantment.

Besides, after doing the Enchantment, you can really appreciate the larger Explorer.

If you're planning to visit Bermuda in November, be prepared to encounter cooler weather. Because of the island's northern location, it is not unusual to experience temperatures as low as 65 degrees Fahrenheit during this month, although October's heavy precipitation slackens noticeably.

Temperatures in Bermuda during November generally vary between an average high during the day of 75.0 degrees and an average low at night of 67.0 degrees

Bermuda in November:

Average High 75.0° F Average Low 67.0°

During the early morning hours of an average November day in Bermuda, you can expect the temperature will be in the vicinity of 70.3 degrees. In November, temperatures typically rise to around 73.2 degrees by early afternoon. By the early evening hours in November the temperature will generally fall to somewhere in the vicinity of 70.2 degrees. Overall, temperatures in Bermuda during November average around 70.8 degrees.

If you were really adventurous and had the time you might look at the brand new Celebrity Silhouette (sp)which is sailing on 2-12 day itineraries in November from Cape Liberty. Now wouldn't THAT be exciting. Looks like you could get an oceanview at almost the same price as a balcony for 5 days on Explorer.

Enjoy your cruise.

I am in Maryland (work in Baltimore) and we where booked to go out of Baltimore (I have done the Bermuda cruise 2 times before out of Baltimore and one out of NJ). For some reason my wife was looking at the Itinerary and she noticed from Baltimore you get into Bermuda at 11AM and have to leave the following day at 1PM (which means back to the ship around Noon). We couldn't remember the cruise being so short in Bermuda before (but who knows). So we switched from Baltimore to NJ (which stinks cause thats 20min vs 3 hours of driving for us), but the extra time in Bermuda is worth it. Just something to think about. Out of NJ you get in at 9AM and leave at 5PM the following day.

I don't have a lot of cruising experience, but I have been on both ships. I would do the 5-night to Bermuda on the Enchantment, and save the Explorer for a 7 or 9-night cruise.

Yes, Explorer is larger and has more, but for only 5-nights you will be able to keep yourself occupied just fine on the Enchantment.

Besides, after doing the Enchantment, you can really appreciate the larger Explorer.

I would have to disagree. I was just on the Navigator (Same as Explorer) for 5 nights. I had a blast! Being that I haven't been on a ship smaller than the Voyager class, I don't think I could see myself going smaller than that! The Explorer would be my choice hands down.

Enchantment has less port time on 2nd port day in Bermuda (departs at 2:00 p.m. rather than 5:00 p.m. for Explorer). The 2:00 p.m. departure will limit the places you go in Bermuda that day.

I know that the OP wants to cruise soon (and who can blame him?) but if he can wait until next year, the Enchantment will be doing 6-night cruises to Bermuda. The ship will arrive at 3:00 p.m. on Day 3 and depart at 12:00 noon on Day 5, for a total of 45 hours in port.

The Explorer wins in every way! We drive 6-7hrs to NJ just for her, it is a much nicer ship than the Enchantment!! We were so unhappy on the Enchantment-way too tiny and crowded public spaces for us, cabins are small, but the Explorer is awesome. Of course the decision is all yours, but for the ship and time in port, go with the Explorer, you will love her!

Archived