Barcelona Airport

lladybug01

We will have a couple of hours to kill in the Barcelona Airport when we arrive before our cruise. Does anybody know if there are any shops there where we might purchase wine to bring on board with us or bottled water. Also, a restaurant where we might have some breakfast. We are taking the City Tour before embarkation but we don't know if we will have the opportunity to purchase wine anyplace. The only other option is to purchase it in the Canadian Duty Free shop before we leave Toronto.

To be honest I don't remember much after picking up our luggage at the airport when I was there in 2007. There were a few newstands, currency exchange, and a sandwhich counter in the depature area. I would suggest looking at the airports website and see what they currently have.

http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite?MO=-1&SMO=-1&SiteName=BCN&c=Page&cid=1045569607459&pagename=subHome

There are plenty of shops in the airport but don't make the mistake we made last November!

We thought all the shops were after you cleared customs. Wrong.

We could see all the shops below us but couldn't access them having cleared passport control. All we had instead was a MacDonalds and a couple of other retail outlets.

We wont make the same mistake this summer

Usually the shops and restaurants would be in the departure area. They assume you don't want them when you arrive. I wonder if there would be any way to access the shops and restaurants in the departure area.

Is your flight direct from Canada or do you do a transfer say in the UK? I suggest buying your wine in Toronto, we did this last November and you can buy a few brands in tetra packs which make them light less likely to breakage. This may not suit your taste in wines though.

If you buy in Canada you will have to carry them in hand luggage as it is purchased after luggage check in. In the past this was a problem if transferring in Europe. They now bag your purchase in a tamper proof bag that allows you to transfer through security check points with duty free liquids.

We will have a couple of hours to kill in the Barcelona Airport when we arrive before our cruise. Does anybody know if there are any shops there where we might purchase wine to bring on board with us or bottled water. Also, a restaurant where we might have some breakfast. We are taking the City Tour before embarkation but we don't know if we will have the opportunity to purchase wine anyplace. The only other option is to purchase it in the Canadian Duty Free shop before we leave Toronto.

Hi lladybug01, there are several duty free shops in the cruise terminal of Barcelona, where you can purchase your wine before embarking.

please watch your handbags & carryons at all times from the minute you arrive there--while we were waiting to depart BCN someone in our Delta line had their handbag & entire ID stolen...right from their cart.

There is a wine shop in the cruise terminal before you board & maybe a few small food carts--

Hello. From our May 2009 experience (Ruby Princess) our cruise ship terminal was a contemporary delight. Already had a bottle of cava (regional sparkling wine) as a gift from our Barcelona landlady and knew we would have the option of selecting French and Italian bottles along the way. (Don't forget your own bottle opener!) I remember reading that their are stores near the terminals.

Find out specifically which terminal you will be using, look at the map to locate it and then post about local resources. I'll bet that you will obtain replies from locals. Barcelona over the last decade has become a very popular cruise port.

Absolutely also agree about the issue of pickpockets in every port and every large city as well. (1) You should be wearing something like the pacsafe 100 (under your shirt) -- no valuables/passport in purse, wallet, or backpack. (2) When strangers come up to you to ask a question or offer you something, just say "no." We had our last attempted pickpocket episode while waiting to switch HOHO buses in Barcelona. Purses (large) are great for water bottles and snacks (only).

Good luck,

DJ:)

Archived