Baristas Question

Tropiclady

I understand paper cups for around the pool area but when sitting inside why don't they serve in china cups? I often had to wait for my paper cup to cool down and it just didn't have the same "feel":confused:

I understand paper cups for around the pool area but when sitting inside why don't they serve in china cups? I often had to wait for my paper cup to cool down and it just didn't have the same "feel":confused:

And without a china cup and saucer, where does one put their biscotti?

cappuccino1.jpg

espressowithbiscotti11.jpg

Quote:

One puts their biscotti on a napkin!! It is unfortunate that they don't use cups and saucers, but I guess they have a good reason. On the Maiden Voyage we just thought that the cups and saucers had not arrived in time for the sailing, so thought nothing of drinking from the paper cup. Guess they never arrived!! But, the coffee is so good.

Bobi

Quote:

One puts their biscotti on a napkin!! It is unfortunate that they don't use cups and saucers, but I guess they have a good reason. On the Maiden Voyage we just thought that the cups and saucers had not arrived in time for the sailing, so thought nothing of drinking from the paper cup. Guess they never arrived!! But, the coffee is so good.

Bobi

Funny, I imagined that the paper cups were a nod to the ambiance of the casual coffee shops that Barista's is emulating.

Funny, I imagined that the paper cups were a nod to the ambiance of the casual coffee shops that Barista's is emulating.

Might be!!! but cappuccino in paper cups just does not taste the same ;)

& there is no heat shield wrapper on the cups like you get at coffee shops in the cities

Lyn

& there is no heat shield wrapper on the cups like you get at coffee shops in the cities

Lyn

We were chatting with one of the baristas the afternoon before we disembarked. He indicated the reason for only paper cups is the design of the area. There's no place to keep the cups and saucers and to put the dirty ones - very limited pantry space. He said their work space is very tight, especially when 2 of them are there at the same time. We got the impression that the layout will change on the Riviera to allow for pantry space and the use of cups and saucers. Those of you on the maiden voyage will have to let us know.

I always asked for a second cup into which I slipped the first one. This made it comfortable to carry. I thought Barrista's was a wonderful spot. I had expected it to be very crowded but never had to wait more than a minute or two to get my fix. That plus biscotti, madeleines in three flavors and other cookies....what more could you want?

In addition to the ambience and enjoyment of using china cups and saucers when drinking coffees of all kinds, I have very serious difficulty with extending my thumb outward in order to grasp and hold paper cups.

Like many mature adults, especially women, I have wrist arthritis. Drinking from a cup is easy, but grasping a paper cup, which requires the thumb to be extended, is not.

I hope the Riviera design of Baristas will indeed make cups, preferably with saucers, available, at least as an option. (Cups with saucers are usually smaller and lighter than large mugs, thus more comfortable.)

As for Marina, I hope that they can store some china cups for those who have difficulty extending their thumb and/or have wrist arthritis.

We were chatting with one of the baristas the afternoon before we disembarked. He indicated the reason for only paper cups is the design of the area. There's no place to keep the cups and saucers and to put the dirty ones - very limited pantry space. He said their work space is very tight, especially when 2 of them are there at the same time. We got the impression that the layout will change on the Riviera to allow for pantry space and the use of cups and saucers. Those of you on the maiden voyage will have to let us know.

Yes there is very limited space there maybe the powers that be did not think it would be that popular

Around 11 am it was always busy

You could always get a cup from the Terrace & take it with you I am sure would not be a problem

Lyn

Lyn

Lyn, I so agree with you! My husband gives me a hard time because the 'container' of the drink is always important to me! I think that is one of the

reasons I like a Martini-----it comes in such a 'pretty' glass. :p

There is an area upon leaving Barista's heading toward the library where they "store" sandwiches etc. Can't this area be used for cups etc.:confused:

As for Marina, I hope that they can store some china cups for those who have difficulty extending their thumb and/or have wrist arthritis.

I don't like the idea of only paper cups either - I would prefer to have a choice. The paper cup is good for coffees to go (like for an early morning talk in the Marina lounge).

Just a thought - maybe you can bring your favorite mug from home or get one on the trip. I know, it's not ideal as it adds extra weight, but it may solve your problem.

Paul

I assume you are back home from all your cruises. Glenda and I always take our mugs on every trip. They are insulated and have a lid to keep the coffee hot. They are made by Trudeau.

Glenda and I look foward to seeing you and Marsha in NYC for our cruise this September. I have been trying to find your e-mail address but somehow it has disapeared. Please e-mail me at jimglendabobo@bellsouth.net so we can discuss our Colors Cruise.

Jim Bobo

Paul

I assume you are back home from all your cruises. Glenda and I always take our mugs on every trip. They are insulated and have a lid to keep the coffee hot. They are made by Trudeau.

Glenda and I look foward to seeing you and Marsha in NYC for our cruise this September. I have been trying to find your e-mail address but somehow it has disapeared. Please e-mail me at jimglendabobo@bellsouth.net so we can discuss our Colors Cruise.

Jim Bobo

Done :)

We befriended the barista on our MIA to SFO cruise and he showed us the beautiful china cups. They were instructed not to use them as many suddenly disappeared on the crossing to Miami. The paper cups are part of the product placement for the coffee company providing the beans.

The espresso cups in Tuscany specialty restaurant with the little lids to keep it hot are quite expensive. $65 for a cup, saucer, & lid. And no they won't sell them no matter what.

Archived