Summer Pandamonium

Hello Just wondering if anyone else is feeling like I am right now. My husband and I LOVE to cruise we are in our 30's and have already gotten to the Diamond Status-however we are finding that more and more perks are getting taken away from us as Crown & Anchor Members.. I received an E-mail regarding the summer pandamonium which is being offered free for anyone with a new booking and going on the Freedom Class ships... I called my travel agent to attempt to get this promotion as well as was told that it did NOT apply to cruises already booked ONLY new bookings!! If we wanted to add it to our reservation we would have to pay $200.00 in order to get this. I tried chatting with Gerry from RCCL and was told that this did not apply to already booked cruises and there was nothing that could be done except for pay for it ourselves.. I thought that our 8yr old son would really enjoy this package but I cant believe that that will NOT budge on this promotion-not sure what it was not offered to those already booked who are in the Crown & Anchor first then try to offer it to others?? What do you think about this?

My contacts clarified this for me. There are very limited (considering) packages being sold and so RCI decided to offer it to new bookings and, if supplies allow, to sell it for an upcharge to existing bookings. This is typical of most promotions.

not sure what it was not offered to those already booked who are in the Crown & Anchor first then try to offer it to others??

Because the whole point of the promotion is to get MORE pax onboard, i.e. give an incentive to book to those who haven't done so already. Businesses do this all the time.

not sure what it was not offered to those already booked who are in the Crown & Anchor first then try to offer it to others??

Because the whole point of the promotion is to get MORE pax onboard, i.e. give an incentive to book to those who haven't done so already. Businesses do this all the time.

I was disapointed because the movie comes out when we are at sea. On Disney if a movie comes out on land they play it on board at least they did on our last cruise. I was hoping RC would do the same with Panda but it looks like they won't play it until its been out for almost 2 weeks.

I was disapointed because the movie comes out when we are at sea. On Disney if a movie comes out on land they play it on board at least they did on our last cruise. I was hoping RC would do the same with Panda but it looks like they won't play it until its been out for almost 2 weeks.

That is because Disney owns the rights to the movies and owns the ships. RCI only owns the ships.

We too are Diamonds...But we tend to look at things differently. If choose to buy a cruise vacation, I book it. When I book it, I anticipate paying what I was advised the cost would be.

I could have bought a higher catagory or a lower catagory, but I made the choice. Having said that, any business can reserve the right to sell a product or service for a price...it is our free will to buy or not buy.

I do not resent someone else making a purchase for less.

C & A membership does not mean that RCI should be selling us products or services automatically at a lower price should there be an economic need to offer an additional sale to full a ship or ships.

Called about the same thing. It wasn't for us, since we booked in March, but for a friend who booked on the first day of the promotion and didn't see it. The agent said it would be $200 to add it and basically the packages that were offering it were a $200 upcharge anyway. So, it is really nothing free, just a package option. You pay 200 more for the room and have 200 worth of extras included...

Archived