Dream dining

quilter06

I notice there are 2 restaurants on deck 3 of the Dream, Crimson and Scarlet. Is the Scarlet another name for the steakhouse or a second dining room? If both Crimson and Scarlet are dining rooms do they have the same menu?

Our cabins are closer to the Scarlet elevators. Can we request to be assigned there? We've chosen "Dine when you wish". Thanks for your help. This is our first Carnival cruise and it's a family one so I want to get my "facts" straight!!!!

Our cabins are closer to the Scarlet elevators. Can we request to be assigned there? We've chosen "Dine when you wish". Thanks for your help. This is our first Carnival cruise and it's a family one so I want to get my "facts" straight!!!!
dup post

Carnival has a portion of one floor of one dining room for My Time Dining, which I think is Crimsom (but not sure). Whatever it is, that will be the dining you are assigned to, not where your cabin is located.

When we were on the Dream in October, it was Crimson for anytime dining and Scarlet for Early/Late.

Both served the same lovely menus and the staff were great! The Waiting team we had were the best!

We chose Any Time Dining and specifically asked to have the same waiting team every night because the head waitress (Ulla) was amazing, she really made the week.

IF you see Ulla, give her big hugs!

You will be assigned to one or the other.

If you need to change, approach the MTD on the first full day at sea.

I suggest this because the day of embarkation is so hectic that IMO, you will have better luck when things settle down.

mimi

When we were on the Dream in October, it was Crimson for anytime dining and Scarlet for Early/Late. !

a whole dining room for anytime?? Wow- thats the first I heard that/

Usually its the upper level of the midship dining room is for anytime

do you have a large group for anytime dining?

a whole dining room for anytime?? Wow- thats the first I heard that/

Usually its the upper level of the midship dining room is for anytime?

I agree, and not the way I remember it but I have been wrong already today;)

We were on Dream a couple of weeks ago and had MTD and it is only the upper level of the Crimson Dining room. Not a whole dining room for MTD.

That is the way I remember it. They manage the number of seats available for MTD by design. The layout of some of the ships mandate this (one dining room, or where they have two, using all of one just does not work).

When you have my time dining, which we chose, is there much of a wait when you show up for dinner. I'm wondering with so many people on this ship if there's a long wait if you don't have an assigned time. Thanks.

depends on how big your party is. if there is 2/4 people the wait should be minimal as they have many tables that accomadate 2 or 4 people. if you have 5/6 even 8 people and want to dine together--the wait may be there.

Archived