Azamara drink prices

JBVols

Check out the Azamara drink prices (http://ourpassportstamps.com/uploads/Bar_LoungeMenu.pdf)

compared to Oceania. They look much cheaper to me plus they don't have the 18% up charge. Don't jump on me, I have been on four Oceania cruises and have three more booked and love Oceania.

Jim

All I can compare is Jameson which was $7 plus 18% versus $5.50 on this one. The pour was always generous, as I drink it neat and have no ice to clutter my volume. Usually only had it at Happy Hour so ended up with a double. Never been on Azamara so can't compare the intangibles or the actual drink. Rest of drinks also look cheaper.

I drink a straight gin gibson. I have always found the drinks on Oceania are much more tiny and the price high for the amount you get. The drinks are actually much more reasonable on RCL! (That doesn't stop me from drinking on Oceania)

I drink a straight gin gibson. I have always found the drinks on Oceania are much more tiny and the price high for the amount you get. The drinks are actually much more reasonable on RCL! (That doesn't stop me from drinking on Oceania)

There must be a regional difference in the prices of cocktails. I drink a vodka gimlet, Stan drinks a Cosmopolitan, and we find the prices on Oceania to be 25 to 30% less that a comparable establishment in New York.

012815.jpg

These cocktails are half finished, but when we ordered them the glasses (excepting the wine) were "to the brim".

I'm sure that you will agree that the glasses are not "tiny".

The drinks on O are definitely a small pour in all the bars except martinis in the Martini bar on Marina where they are a normal size. They also cost $1.25 more in the Martini Bar than the other bars....$9.75 plus 18% vs. 8.50 plus 18%. The normal martini reminded me of drinks you used to get in London thirty years ago.

The drinks on O are definitely a small pour in all the bars except martinis in the Martini bar on Marina where they are a normal size. They also cost $1.25 more in the Martini Bar than the other bars....$9.75 plus 18% vs. 8.50 plus 18%. The normal martini reminded me of drinks you used to get in London thirty years ago.

I do not know about a Martini but DH got his G & T in different bars on the ship they were all the same price & some were much stronger than others

I do not know about a Martini but DH got his G & T in different bars on the ship they were all the same price & some were much stronger than others

Yes, our cocktails were the same price in Horizons and in Martini's. We didn't think to measure, but they seemed to be the same size.

Come to think of it, the bartenders made a game of having possession of our "official glasses", pretending to fight over them. So they WERE the same size.

Antonio (pictured above) pours the best drink of any of the Oceania ships! He was the Martinis bartender on our recent Marina Footsteps of Balboa cruise. He also prefers the R ships. He said the Martini bar was too small on the Marina.

Antonio (pictured above) pours the best drink of any of the Oceania ships! He was the Martinis bartender on our recent Marina Footsteps of Balboa cruise. He also prefers the R ships. He said the Martini bar was too small on the Marina.

024442.jpg

I believe that Antonio thinks that the bar in Martini's should be larger, I don't believe that he questions the size of the room.

103526.jpg I know that he already expressed this concern to the Oceania brass, when they were asking for ways in which the design of the Riviera might be improved

Fingers crossed that he is assigned to the new ship. Antonio is the best!

There must be a regional difference in the prices of cocktails. I drink a vodka gimlet, Stan drinks a Cosmopolitan, and we find the prices on Oceania to be 25 to 30% less that a comparable establishment in New York.

On land you don't have tips automatically added, at least not anywhere I have been. Plus, on land you have a much more expensive labor force as well as more duties/taxes. I remember when drinks on ships were at 50% less than on land in the States and tips were at the discretion of the tipper.

I always get the house red or white and it was $5.95 plus the 18% which is $7. My husband always got the Johnny Walker red. I wouldn't call the pours generous. We would go to happy hour and then have a glass at dinner. Azamara looks cheaper overall.

We have sailed on both Oceania and Azamara and yes, the drink prices are less on Azamara and the pours in my opinion better. I also believe the costs for bottles of wine on Azamara are less than Oceania. That and the 18% gratuity Oceania adds could be a significant difference on a 14 or 21 day cruise.

We love both lines and would not hesitate to book an Oceania cruise if they had the itinerary that we were looking for.

I had a Bloody Mary while on the Regatta and it was horrible. The ship uses tomato juice instead of Mr T's or some other mix. I used to say you can't ruin a Bloody Mary but...then I had a caprianna(we were on the Amazon) and it was poorly made. That stopped any cocktails for me and I stuck to wine while on the ship.

Unfortunately, the bar has become a major profit center for the cruise line.

If you are not happy with the prices do not order drinks, it seems simple enough for me :D

If you are spending thousands on a cruise what is few $ extra for drinks

You can be assured that the gratuities are hidden someplace in the prices on Azamara :rolleyes:

That seems like a simplistic solution to a complex problem.

I drink martinis and they are most definitely smaller in Horizons where they cost $8.50 because of the small size than in Martinis where they cost $9.75. To say not to order drinks if one doesn't like the prices won't solve anything. I don't care about the price, I care about the value. $9.75 for the martini in Martinis is a fair price imo. $8.50 for the martini in Horizons is not because it is gone in three sips.

And yes, the drinks and tips are included at Azamara as they are on the luxury lines and should be on Oceania for what it charges. But then what reason would Regent have to exist?

Hi Everyone...

JBVols posted a direct link to the Bar/Lounge Menus

However, I do have the the complete wine list up, room service menu, , specialty dining menus along with pricelists for all sorts of other AZ related things...

http://ourpassportstamps.com/AzamaraClubCruisesMenus.html

http://ourpassportstamps.com/AzamaraClubCruisesInfo.html

Enjoy!

K.

Archived