FCC Clarification!

DTC

We bought an FCC in February on the Miracle intending to use it on our Freedom cruise next February. In the mean time we've booked the Legend in October so I sent it in for that trip. We are planning on buying another FCC on the Legend and applying it when we return to our February cruise.

Final payment is due while we are cruising in October.

I asked our PVP if we are able to apply an FCC after final payment is made. She said No, you have to apply it before. I explained to her final payment is due Oct 27 and we return home Oct 30 so it would be days. She said it would probably be ok but she checked with that dept and the said you have to purchase the FCC before you book the cruise so we can't use it.

I know that I've had a cruise booked and bought the FCC after and it was applied. Is it Carnival's goal to have them handled that way but they make exceptions??

Thanks for any input.

They keep changing the rules- a few years ago they were good for 5 years then it was good for 4 years NOW its good for 2 years.

Yes, you need to have the certificate in place BEFORE final payment is made.

(and you can not use the certificate to book a cruise- I had to wait to fully deposit and get a booking number- wait a month then send it in.

Now the problem will be someone who did this a year ago is NOT what is allowed today.

Just a thought...also depends where you are going on your cruise, as it costs so much to use the internet on the ship, but on a port day, if there is an internet hub somewhere?

But now that you can go online and put in for your FCC

If you bought the FCC on your first day of the cruise, you should have your FCC in hand on the 2nd day of the cruise, and could go online and put it towards the next cruise a day or so before final payment.

If everything lined up just right it could work.

If not, well I guess you will have to book another cruise to use it on.

Now that is not all that terrible :p Good Luck and enjoy your cruises

Can someone refresh my memory? Is final payment due 60, 75, or 90 days before the cruise? Thanks!

depends= is the cruise a 7 day cruise? is it booked into a group?

if it is a 7 day cruise and it is NOT booked into a group its 75 days.

If it IS in a group that fee is due at 90 days.

60 days is for shorter cruises

Can someone refresh my memory? Is final payment due 60, 75, or 90 days before the cruise? Thanks!

Just looked at the dates on a cruise that I have booked, and it figures out to be 75 days.

"SKY"

I recently redeemed a FCC on a cruise after final payment was due. When I booked the cruise I had to pay in full so I sent the FCC in and received a credit on the credit card the the cruise was charged to.

I still cant get mine to work online...i guess i will have to send it in the mail :(

Did you try putting IE in capability mode? That is what a bunch of us had to do. You would just hit the submit button and nothing would happen but as soon as we changed to compatibility mode it went right through.

I still cant get mine to work online...i guess i will have to send it in the mail :(

Did you try putting IE in capability mode? That is what a bunch of us had to do. You would just hit the submit button and nothing would happen but as soon as we changed to compatibility mode it went right through.

Sorry double post, it is so slow then says it can't open and then post twice :confused:

I recently redeemed a FCC on a cruise after final payment was due. When I booked the cruise I had to pay in full so I sent the FCC in and received a credit on the credit card the the cruise was charged to.

Same here

Are the FCC a bargain? How much can you save on a 7 day cruise? How much are they? I will be on the Spirit at the end of the month and am considering purchasing one, especially if I it is good for 2 years.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Are the FCC a bargain? How much can you save on a 7 day cruise? How much are they? I will be on the Spirit at the end of the month and am considering purchasing one, especially if I it is good for 2 years.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

You get one certificate for $100.00 (put on a credit card using your sign and sail card) its good for 100.00 off your final payment and gives you 100. cabin credit,

• 4 weeks later...
You get one certificate for $100.00 (put on a credit card using your sign and sail card) its good for 100.00 off your final payment and gives you 100. cabin credit,

Is the cabin credit for the future cruise, or the cruise you buy it on?

Only if its a 7 day cruise. shorter cruises, are less than $100, and the max is $200 OBC... you cant say flatly you get $100 OBC.

So I guess my real question is...... can I purchase a FCC and have it applied to a cruise I've already booked???

Thanks

I was able to, but we had some weird circumstances. The Miracle doesn't have a FCC desk, so we had to put our name on a list at Guest Services, and we were told we'd be contacted after the cruise. Booked our next cruise in early January before realizing that no one had ever called us re: our FCC from our Miracle trip. Got hold of someone in Special Programs at Carnival and was able to purchase and apply it to our booked cruise. (Apparently the person who had been handling this on the Miracle was in an accident or something during our cruise and a lot of things fell through the cracks.)

As Serene says, they certainly have changed the rules since they first brought out the program. The first one we bought, on the Valor in '08, was good for five years, and was 100% refundable if we didn't use it. No more...

Only if its a 7 day cruise. shorter cruises, are less than $100, and the max is $200 OBC... you cant say flatly you get $100 OBC.

can too-- :D

the response was for OP asking about the SPirit. (Which is doing a 7 day cruise is it not? - or does it do shorter runs too?

can too-- :D

the response was for OP asking about the SPirit. (Which is doing a 7 day cruise is it not? - or does it do shorter runs too?

lol, I thought the question was does Carnival make exceptions on the small print rule about applying FCCs to already booked cruises. (FCCs clearly state you cannot).

I guess we read the question differently.

• 5 months later...

Wanted to update anyone who is interested. We bought another FCC on our Legend cruise October 23 to 30. Came home Sunday night and processed it into the Carnival site.

We had made final payment on our Feb 2012 cruise right before we left.

I received an email from Carnival Friday stating that our FCC was applied to our future cruise. So I'm thinking we'll actually get $200 OBC seeing final payment was made.

Carnival did process and approve it!!!! Yipee!!

Hi Firefly333! I'm so confused as to how the FCC's work. We are going on the Legend Dec.11th and are planning on buying FCC. Can we purchase 2 or can we only purchase 1? How are they applied to a future cruise? If we buy 2 can we use both for the same cruise? How much OBC do we get for each FCC used? :confused::confused::confused: I'm so confused! Please help. LOL Oh! and even though our June 10, 2012 cruise is paid in full could we apply the FCC to that up coming cruise???

So you mail it into to Carnival and they take $100 off your final payment and automatically put it on your sign & sail account? How do you know it was applied to your sign & Sail account will they give you something so when you get on board you have proof that it should be applied?

Thanks

Archived