FCC Clarification!

DTC

So you mail it into to Carnival and they take $100 off your final payment and automatically put it on your sign & sail account? How do you know it was applied to your sign & Sail account will they give you something so when you get on board you have proof that it should be applied?

Thanks

I applied mine online. As noted above, there are sometimes glitches, mostly with Internet Explorer. There have been several threads about people not being able to get it to work online, but it isn't difficult. If you do an advanced search, you should be able to find any number of threads explaining how to fix the 'bug' and apply it online and avoid the hassle of mailing it in.

I applied mine to my Glory cruise before final payment. It showed up on My Reservation on the website as a payment. Once I made final payment and was able to view my documents, when I looked at the booking summary, the OBC showed up below the cruise fare itemization.

I always print that and include it in the documents I take with me, just to be sure it shows up on board.

So I guess my real question is...... can I purchase a FCC and have it applied to a cruise I've already booked???

Thanks

The terms on the FCC state they can only be applied to future booked cruises, not to previously booked cruises.

That being said, they have tried saying no, but they gave up for a while and allow them to be applied to already booked cruises.

Do you feel lucky? The terms say absolutely not ... but maybe you can.

serene said the terms have changed. the terms have not changed, they always said they were not good on already booked cruises.

We are sailing 12/04/2011 on Legend. I planned on purchasing FCC- so to be safe, I need to wait til I get home to actually book my next cruise. Or can I book while onboard?

Either. You can buy one and bring it home, or book onboard. either way works the same.

I still cant get mine to work online...i guess i will have to send it in the mail :(

I couldn't get it to work online so I called Carnival (it was special promotions dept or something) and she filled out the paperwork for me

Hi Firefly333! I'm so confused as to how the FCC's work. We are going on the Legend Dec.11th and are planning on buying FCC. Can we purchase 2 or can we only purchase 1? How are they applied to a future cruise? If we buy 2 can we use both for the same cruise? How much OBC do we get for each FCC used? :confused::confused::confused: I'm so confused! Please help. LOL Oh! and even though our June 10, 2012 cruise is paid in full could we apply the FCC to that up coming cruise???

You can buy as many FCCs as you want. I bought 5 more the last time, plus what I had already bought. I have the old 5 year ones... so they will be good for a while. New Ones only good for 2 years.

You can apply one per cabin... so if you have to cabins, wife and husband can split up to apply two, but thats the only way, same like stock OBC.

$50 OBC for short cruises 3 to 5 days, $75 for 6 days, $100 for 7 days, up to 12 days $200 OBC.

As far as can you get them applied to already booked cruises.. Id say probably, even though the rules stated on the back of the FCCs, say no.

Does anyone know if solo cruisers still get only 50% of the OBC offered for buying a FCC? There was some talk about changing this, but the info on Carnival's website still refers to 50% of the OBC. That just doesn't seem right, seeing that a solo cruiser is paying the same amount for the cruise as two people traveling together.

So you mail it into to Carnival

Thanks

You can now do them online, though my PVP has done the form for me, so I have not yet tried it. some have had problems getting it thru online.

Does anyone know if solo cruisers still get only 50% of the OBC offered for buying a FCC? T

You get the whole thing now :D I can attest to it tomorrow when I board, but it shows I got the whole thing to spend just by myself.

I actually had a situation today that people may be interested in.

I was looking to book a cruise on Dec 17th on the Elation. However, I wasn't sure when to book it. There were only a few rooms left of the type I wanted, but I'm taking a cruise on Nov 20th on the Valor. I was thinking about waiting to book my December trip while on the Valor so I could get the on board credit, but I was also worried my room choices would run out if I waited another two weeks.

I called Carnival and asked about this problem. They told me if I booked today (and paid in full today, as the trip is so close), and then bought the FCC while on the Valor, I could apply the on board credit to my Elation trip and the 100 deposit would be refunded to me because I've already paid in full. The woman I spoke with was very nice and helpful throughout the entire conversation.

I called Carnival and asked about this problem. They told me if I booked today (and paid in full today, as the trip is so close), and then bought the FCC while on the Valor, I could apply the on board credit to my Elation trip and the 100 deposit would be refunded to me because I've already paid in full. The woman I spoke with was very nice and helpful throughout the entire conversation.

would have been better to get it in writing, since on the back of the FCC in the terms it says you cannot apply them to already booked cruises. It does seem they are applying them again ..but they could use the rules at any time as well. Just be aware the terms on the FCC state you cannot do this...buy a couple of extra next time so you dont have to worry if they will let you do this or not.

Archived