A Vacation–No! A DREAM VACATION – Review with pictures April 2, 2011

georgiaMomof4, thank you so much for your review with pictures, it was quite enjoyable. Loved your pictures of Costa Maya. I visited there back in 06 and did not enjoy it at all but after reading your review and seeing your pictures, I definitely what to go back there again. Loved your final thoughts too.

Bevie

Now it was time for our swim. Whitney, Lindsey and I had been waiting to do this since our Glory cruise in 2004. Had it scheduled for Western – went during hurricane season and needless to say our itinerary got changed and we didn’t get to do it. All I can say is that it is AMAZING! I would strongly recommend everyone doing it at least one time. We had booked directly through Dolphin Discovery and not through the ship and saved quiet a bit of money. I think for all 5 of us it ended up being about $380 or so. We did the boogie board ride, the belly ride, got kisses and all kinds of stuff. After the swim we also got to get in with the manatees and a shark. I wasn’t sure about the shark part but they said it was a nurse shark and was harmless. We were running out of time so we bought some pictures of our dolphin swim and grabbed a taxi back to the ship!

IMG_0081.jpg?t=1304475381

LINDSEY ON THE BOOGIE BOARD BEING PUSHED BY THE DOLPHIN

IMG_0208.jpg?t=1304475381

COLLIN DANCING!

IMG_0218.jpg?t=1304475381

HOPE GETTING A KISS!

IMG_0231.jpg?t=1304475460

THE FACIAL EXPRESSION SAYS IT ALL!

IMG_0262.jpg?t=1304475460

Just wanted to say that I loved reading your review!!! We are taking our first Carnival cruise in just a few weeks and I can't wait.

But next year we have another cruise booked and I'm thinking of taking my boys on the dolphin excursion. Looks like so much fun!!! Can you tell me the price of the pictures though? I would definately purchase them but I'd like to know ahead of time so the sting of the price doesn't hurt too much when we get there. ;) Were these photos the ones that they took or did someone in your party take them from an observation deck or something? Can you purchase a photo package or were they bought individually? And lastly, do you remember how much the video was?

Thanks so much.

• 2 weeks later...
nice review, GeorgiaMom...thanks :)

I noticed at the beginning of your review, you mentioned your entire group of 9 being seated in the MDR at a round top table..do you (or anyone else reading this) know on the Dream the maximum number that can be seated at a round top? We have a total of 13 in our group...on previous ships, like Triumph, I think at most only 8 would fit at the largest round top

Tiger Belle -

Sorry I've been so long in getting back to you. The round top we were seated at comfortably sat all 9 of us, but I don't think you could have put any additional seats around it. Most of the bigger parties I saw (bigger than ours) were seated at the longer rectangle tables along the windows. I really don't remember seeing a round top any larger than ours - but I wasn't really looking either. Hope that helps!

Just wanted to say that I loved reading your review!!! We are taking our first Carnival cruise in just a few weeks and I can't wait.

But next year we have another cruise booked and I'm thinking of taking my boys on the dolphin excursion. Looks like so much fun!!! Can you tell me the price of the pictures though? I would definately purchase them but I'd like to know ahead of time so the sting of the price doesn't hurt too much when we get there. ;) Were these photos the ones that they took or did someone in your party take them from an observation deck or something? Can you purchase a photo package or were they bought individually? And lastly, do you remember how much the video was?

Thanks so much.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back with you. I hope you will still see this! We've been on vacation and my kids are trying to ban me from cruise critic - they say I spend way too much time on here. Hey, a girl can dream - cant' she!

I'd have to look back since it's been a couple of months but I'm thinking our pictures were about $100 or $150. It was a lot more than I had wanted to spend, but our time was running short and I didn't really have time to pick out the ones I wanted - I just had to have him give me a price for all of them. There were 5 of us who did it though and there are LOTS of pictures on the CD I got. All the ones I posted in my review were taken by the people at the encounter. My husband was not allowed to take pictures while we were doing the swim (their way of getting more money I'm sure). I didn't see anything about a video so I can't help you there - sorry!

Another Georgia girl here.......Covington.....just east of Atlanta.

We will be on the Dream Oct 22nd and we cannot wait!!!

Thanks for this great review.......

GTO-Girl -

I'm glad you like it! I envy you! I wish we were going again in October - that would be awesome! You will love it!

Thanks for a wonderful review!! Loved the final thoughts it is so true! Will be on the Dream 9/10/11, can't wait!!

SALA -

Thanks for reading and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope you gained some info for your cruise in September. Oh, how I wish we were joining you. We're looking at booking another, but haven't decided exactly which ship - looking at October, 2012 though! I hope the band Blackjack is back for your cruise but I don't think they will be off their vacation yet!

Have a great time and once again, thanks for reading!

• 2 weeks later...
What a wonderful review. It looks like a great time was had by all. You sound like me on vacation, roll with the punches and move on.

Sad that you missed Roatan but I think that's a sign you'll be back :)

Poffles - We did have a great time and can't wait to go again. We are looking at booking another and it will have to be another Western because I definitely want to see Roatan! I've read so much about the beauty of it - I can't wait to see it!

Thanks for reading! It's good to know even though it's been a while since I've written it that people are still reading it and hopefully getting some information that might help them!

Loved you reveiw!! Thank you so much for taking the time to post. Really liked all the info on dophin discovery!! We plan to do this too.Quick question Did you snorkel at Chankanaab park and do you happen to know the prices to rent snorkel vests at the park

Loved you reveiw!! Thank you so much for taking the time to post. Really liked all the info on dophin discovery!! We plan to do this too.Quick question Did you snorkel at Chankanaab park and do you happen to know the prices to rent snorkel vests at the park

DAWNVAN - Sorry it's taken me so long to reply - we were out of town in Pigeon Forge, TN at Dollywood's Splash Country with the youth from church this weekend - 21 teenagers - boy, was it fun!!! (LOL)

No, we didn't snorkel there so I don't have any idea about renting vests or equipment. Sorry! I'm sure you could go to their website and prices, etc are probably listed there.

Thanks for reading!

I almost never reply to a review, but.....you have an amazing family and you are an amazing mother! I cruised with my mom for thirteen wonderful years and she was the best! I never get on a cruise ship that I don't relive our cherished memories together. You are giving your kids priceless moments that they will remember forever! I hope your next cruise is just as wonderful, and with your outlook on life I'm sure it will be just as great! You have eased my mind about the crowds on the Dream. We will be sailing over Thankgiving and I was a bit worried. Give your wonderful family a big hug and have many more great cruise vacations!

I love reading all the Dream reviews as I get ready for my cruise. Especially the ones with LOTS of pics. But yours has been the best I've read so far because the pics aren't just of the ship and ports, but also of you and your family having fun. It looks more like a family scrapbook instead of a virtual brochure for Carnival!!

Thanks for sharing!

I almost never reply to a review, but.....you have an amazing family and you are an amazing mother! I cruised with my mom for thirteen wonderful years and she was the best! I never get on a cruise ship that I don't relive our cherished memories together. You are giving your kids priceless moments that they will remember forever! I hope your next cruise is just as wonderful, and with your outlook on life I'm sure it will be just as great! You have eased my mind about the crowds on the Dream. We will be sailing over Thankgiving and I was a bit worried. Give your wonderful family a big hug and have many more great cruise vacations!

NEUROQUEEN -

Thank you so much! I'm so glad that people are still getting tips from my review. I wouldn't worry about the crowds - if you've ever been to Disney on a holiday - it's not as bad as that and you can work around them. My husband isn't into crowds and he was just fine. Thank you for your kind words about my family. My kids are great and I'm dreading the day my oldest graduates and moves on to college. She is a Jr. this year and I'm already having separation anxiety!

I love reading all the Dream reviews as I get ready for my cruise. Especially the ones with LOTS of pics. But yours has been the best I've read so far because the pics aren't just of the ship and ports, but also of you and your family having fun. It looks more like a family scrapbook instead of a virtual brochure for Carnival!!

Thanks for sharing!

FROGQUEENFL - Thanks for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it and we did have a wonderful time. Probably the best vacation we've ever been on! I wish we were getting ready to go back soon, but it looks like it will be late next year before we can afford another one! Have a wonderful cruise on the Dream - she's a beauty!

• 1 month later...

I showed this post to my kids, 9 & 10. We are sailing the Dream this winter. My son said, "I know why their mom makes them dress up. She likes to take as many pictures as you do mom." It's true. We loved your review and photos! My kids are so excited. My daughter and I have never been to the late night deck party. I never thought much about it, but now we are going to have to try it out. Thanks for taking the time to share your vacation experience!

I showed this post to my kids, 9 & 10. We are sailing the Dream this winter. My son said, "I know why their mom makes them dress up. She likes to take as many pictures as you do mom." It's true. We loved your review and photos! My kids are so excited. My daughter and I have never been to the late night deck party. I never thought much about it, but now we are going to have to try it out. Thanks for taking the time to share your vacation experience!

Thanks for reading! I actually didn't have to make my kids dress up - they wanted to! I'm glad they did though because other than church we don't have any occasion to dress up and I loved seeing everyone all decked out!

The kids will love the deck party! Mine had a blast!

Be sure and take in the Blackjack band if they are playing in the Ocean Plaza. My kids loved dancing and carrying on with them too!

Have a great time - I'm jealous!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for referring me to your review - you answered a lot of questions I had and I loved being able to see more of the ship. My guys are looking forward to mini-golf! Loved your review and it's making us even more anticipate our trip.

We are booked at Country Inn and Suites, too - we've stayed with them for previous cruises and always used their shuttle service. Good to know about calling early the day of check-in for getting on the shuttle list - I'll have to do that in the morning as we won't arrive until late afternoon. We like to get on a ship as early as possible to maximize those vacation dollars :)

We've always put our bags out the night before to have off-loaded for us for disembarking but are considering just taking our bags ourselves this time. Packing at the end is always the worst and I hate wasting the last day trying to pack to get my bags ready and hope I didn't pack something I still wanted - or having to repack when you pick up bags to put the carry-on stuff in. At least we're driving.

And I had to LOL about the longer trip home - even without traffic delays, we find that it takes about twice as long to get home from Port Canaveral as it does to get there. Maybe because we're tired or still have our sea legs.

Thanks again for the review!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you for the wonderful review. I enjoyed every word and picture.

I´m so sorry that you missed Roatan. I can feel with you, that will be my favorite port in August 12.

Last year we was on vacation in Georgia/Tennessee and Florida.

Georgia is a beautiful piece of the USA. We loved it. We stay in Atlanta

Chattanooga, Talluah Falls, Antebellum Trail and Savannah.

It´s a little bit hard for me to find the right words in Englisch. I like to try it:

While I readed your review I´ll think, what a great family. I´m so happy for Hope and Collin that you give this amiable kids a warm home.

Archived