Bikini Wax?

About 2-3 days longer than shaving....at least, in my experience! If your hair grows quickly, you'll start noticing regrowth sooner than someone who's hair grows slowly. Bring your razor, just in case!

Depends on how many growth cycles you get. Most of us have hair in ~3 cycles. So if you haven't waxed or shaved your bikini line within the past month or two, the bikini wax will last longer. My hair grows quickly and is dark; a bikini wax (after not having waxed within at least 6 weeks and never shaving the area) usually lasts me about 2 weeks. Shaving - nowhere CLOSE to that long for me. But everyone has different hair, so it will vary.

Mine lasts a good couple of weeks at least, but my hair is relatively fine and light which probably helps.

A day after waxing I like to start using a product with salicylic/glycolic acid to help prevent ingrown hairs. Tend Skin smells not great but works really well.

I have been waxing the bikini area for well over 5 years. It usually looks fine for at least 3-4 weeks, and I don't go back for a re-do for about 8 weeks. Trying a leg wax for the first time for my cruise. Hope it lasts at least a couple of weeks!

• 2 weeks later...

Never had it done but also looking into it for my cruise wedding. Not sure I can find someone who will go the "full monty" though. I mean. I tend to shave it all off. If you'll excuse me for saying so, I find that I have much more... sensation "down there" when there's no hair which seems appropriate for a wedding/honeymoon cruise. Being the Hispanic that I am, shaving barely lasts 24-48hrs.

Never had it done but also looking into it for my cruise wedding. Not sure I can find someone who will go the "full monty" though. I mean. I tend to shave it all off. If you'll excuse me for saying so, I find that I have much more... sensation "down there" when there's no hair which seems appropriate for a wedding/honeymoon cruise. Being the Hispanic that I am, shaving barely lasts 24-48hrs.

The "sensation" is out of this world with a full brazillian wax! So much so my DH always pays for the wax appointment, I'm never out a penny :D other than a few Advil and maybe a margarita before my appointment ;).

Ladies, HOW do you deal with the pain! I tried to wax myself once, when I was about 18, and it was horrifying. I want to get a nice wax so bad, but I'm terrified! I tend to deal with pain really well, but that was just insane! Any tips to help it not be so horrible?

Ladies, HOW do you deal with the pain! I tried to wax myself once, when I was about 18, and it was horrifying. I want to get a nice wax so bad, but I'm terrified! I tend to deal with pain really well, but that was just insane! Any tips to help it not be so horrible?

Don't do it yourself!!!:eek: You need to find someone who is very experienced and the pain won't be nearly as bad. Take an advil before you have it done or even a margarita or something if you aren't driving. I can't even imagine doing my own leg wax, let alone the bikini area. Leave it to the experts!

Yes, leave it to the experts for sure! Try to find someone who has many years of experience and knows what she is doing. My lady is excellent and the entire appointment takes less than 10 minutes and trust me it can be a jungle down there sometimes :eek:. If it takes someone more than 20 minutes, in my opinion they do not have enough experience. If at all possible try to find a waxing studio in your area.

I went on Saturday to a full wax spa for a Bikini (then changed it to a French) wax, made sure it was a week before my cruise in case something went wrong. I am so glad I did cause its 3 days later and it still hurts! I have more pink bumps than when I shave it and I made sure to use soothing cream after yet it still is sensitive, my legs seem fine though she missed patches of hair. She did manage to get it all from behind which I was not expecting!! When she said lift your legs to your chest I said what for??:eek: Yeah talk about surprise but some how that hurt way less than the rest!!

So will I do it again....NO Thank You!! But I am glad I tried it.

Yes, leave it to the experts for sure! Try to find someone who has many years of experience and knows what she is doing. My lady is excellent and the entire appointment takes less than 10 minutes and trust me it can be a jungle down there sometimes :eek:. If it takes someone more than 20 minutes, in my opinion they do not have enough experience. If at all possible try to find a waxing studio in your area.

OMG OMG I thought this might be an interesting idea, not so sure.:eek:

Heck with waxing, I had laser treatment and it's permanent. I love it!

How much hair did you have removed w/the laser? Brazilian or traditional bikini? If you did the brazilian was it worse than the waxing experience?

I wouldn't go on a vacation without a Brazilian. I think the only time it hurt for a few hours was the very first time.

Ask the person doing it how much experience they have, make sure they hold the skin taut and if they miss spots, tell them! You're paying for a service.

Brazilians really don't take a lot of time so if they are taking a long time they may not know what they are doing.

I wouldn't go on a vacation without a Brazilian. I think the only time it hurt for a few hours was the very first time.

Ask the person doing it how much experience they have, make sure they hold the skin taut and if they miss spots, tell them! You're paying for a service.

Brazilians really don't take a lot of time so if they are taking a long time they may not know what they are doing.

Thanks for the tips, I have read these same tips in my online research and have narrowed it down to a couple of places in my area.

How much hair did you have removed w/the laser? Brazilian or traditional bikini? If you did the brazilian was it worse than the waxing experience?

I had the traditional bikini and it wasn't very painful. I also had my legs, underarms, lip, chin, and, breasts done. The lip is excruciating. It was a two-year process almost and I absolutely love it. I have the last appointment for the bikini in a couple of weeks.

Archived