Question about Radiance Class deck plan (aft)

I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer for me. Looking at the deck plan snippet below, I see what looks to be a passageway / pathway between the port and starboard sides of the ship near cabins 7146/7148 and 7646/7648. I'm pretty sure that the stairway shown there is a crew only stairway but I'm wondering if there is an actual passageway there from one side of the ship to the other. The reason I ask is that I'm traveling with friends and am wondering if we chose cabins on either side of that path would we be able to just walk across the hall to each others rooms.

ALB

I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer for me. Looking at the deck plan snippet below, I see what looks to be a passageway / pathway between the port and starboard sides of the ship near cabins 7146/7148 and 7646/7648. I'm pretty sure that the stairway shown there is a crew only stairway but I'm wondering if there is an actual passageway there from one side of the ship to the other. The reason I ask is that I'm traveling with friends and am wondering if we chose cabins on either side of that path would we be able to just walk across the hall to each others rooms.

ALB

If the Deck 7 layout is the same as Deck 9, and I'm pretty sure it is, there is no public access from one hallway to the other.

When we were on the Radiance a couple months ago, I remember there being a little hallway on deck 8 connecting the port to the starboard side. I cannot comment on THAT PARTICULAR hallway you are referring to, but the one I remember was definitely for passengers to use.

There is a connecting hallway at the very aft part of the ship that has doors to the aft facing cabins. You can cross back and forth from port to starboard in that section, as we had many times when our hallway was busy from cleaning carts.

The connecting doors half way down is crew only, and you will see it open during embarkation day as they shuttle baggage into those aft area cabins.

There are stairs and an elevator there too, but is only for crew use. Though if you notice there is a sign on those usually closed doors that indicate it will also be used for emergencies if needed. I don't know why they show that crew section on the layout plans, but maybe they have to as an emergency exit?

Archived