Horse and carriage tour in New Orleans-any suggestions

lilcruzr

The horse and carriage rides are lined up in the area accross from the area that the tour boats go out of, if you walk around you can't misss them. the price as of two years ago was around $25.00 for the two of us, they wait until they get the carriages filled up, if you want to go by yourselves it will cost more.

In front of St. Louis Cathedral, there will be a line of horse and carriages. I am from the area and thoroughly enjoyed our last carriage ride. Our driver was very informative and gave us a great deal of history. I would definitely recommend you doing this tour!

• 3 weeks later...
We are staying pre-cruise at Drury Inn in October. I've never been to New Orleans. I would lke to try a horse and carriage tour. Can anyone give me suggestions and prices?

The carriage horses are often mistreated and look underfed. I would opt for a walking tour or something else. Just sayin........

Well this sounds really neat. It sounds like a pretty good price too. How long is the ride? We did something like this when we were in Chattanooga, TN on vacation and loved it!

How many fit in the carriage? (Since it was noted that they wait to get them filled up).

How long of a ride is it?

The carriages are pulled by mules, not horses. Mules are bred to do this kind of work. They are checked by vets on a regular basis, and have to stop working when the temp gets above 95 degrees.

The carriage hold from 4 to 8 people. The more people, the cheaper the tour. The typical tour takes about 30 minutes.

The drivers make up a good bit of what they tell you on the tour. Beware of any restaurant recommendations they make.

Archived