Malaga to Granada day trip

BobinVan

We used top day tours - you can find them on SpainDayToursdotcom.

It was a full day tour in a mini van for 16 people for 79 Euro + 13 Euro for entrance fee. We had enough people to fill 2 buses.

Excellent trip and guide.

If this is for the Barcelona to Copenhagen cruise on Marina leaving 5/26, then I have some information about a Malaga to Granada private tour which includes a tour guide for the Alhambra. Please send me an email and I will forward all details to you. We still need more people. :)

Karen Desberg - desbergphx@cox.net

Just an unsolicited comment about tours to the Alhambra.

Our first visit was on a ship's tour with Renaissance in Oct. 99. We returned in March 2009 on a private tour. The main difference was that the later tour was only 8 people as opposed to a bus load. We also had a short time in Granada itself which the ship's tour did not give us.

But in terms of visiting the Alhambra itself it really doesn't matter because you have to use THEIR guides going through, and they break the bus loads up into smaller groups. So the real advantage of the private tour is being in a smaller vehicle coming and going, and possibly seeing more of the city. (The city tour -- and I assume O's tours do the same -- did include a lunch afterwards in one of those large banquet places.)

As far as cost is concerned, I think that when we did the private tour in 2009 it was a little less than the ship's tour but not that much.

Since you need to book the Alhambra in advance, sometimes the ship's tour is the safest way to go.

Also bear in mind that the trek through the Alhambra is 2-1/2 miles. Someone with mobility problems will probably find it difficult at times.

But it's a MUST SEE place!

Oh, I guess I should add that our private tour included a vista across from the Alhambra which the ship's tour did not do (and probably could not do). It was fun taking photos of the Alhambra from there, and then ship's of the first vista point from the Alhambra.

And in closing, Malaga itself is well worth a visit. On our third time there we just stayed in the city and wished we had some more time ...

Mura

I know of one but I don't think I can post the name publicly here.

Mura

You can post tour guide info as long as the question is asked first

Just cannot post TA info ;)

Lyn

Archived