Celebrity's waffle recipe

mari10

Straight from FB :

Celebrity’s Xtremely Delicious Waffles - Happy Mother's Day

by Celebrity Cruises on Friday, May 6, 2011 at 2:23pm

Guests have asked us to provide the recipe for those thick, delicious Belgium waffles served onboard our ships and here it is...just in time for Mother’s Day. Why not make them for her this Sunday morning? Find it in the Notes section of our Facebook page, to the left. And a very Happy Mother’s Day to all moms and mother figures in your life.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 cup cornstarch

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 cup buttermilk

1/4 cup milk

6 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 egg yolk

1 egg white

1 tablespoon white sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

1. *Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Preheat your waffle iron.*

2. *In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Combine the milk, buttermilk and oil in a measuring cup. Whisk in the egg yolk with a fork, and set aside. In a small bowl, beat egg white with an electric mixer until almost soft peaks. Gradually sprinkle in the sugar, while continuing to whip until thick and glossy. Stir in vanilla.*

3. *Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients, and whisk just until blended. Fold in the egg white using a spatula.*

4. *Pour batter onto the hot waffle iron in the recommended amount for your iron. My waffle iron takes a generous 1/2 cup. Close the iron, and cook until golden brown. A good indication that it is getting close is that the steam will stop coming out of the iron. Keep finished waffles in the warm oven directly on the rack. Do not stack, or they will become soggy.

Mari:)

LOL, 2morecruises. I quickly scrolled up to add a reply to alert Texed about this recipe appearing on CC and found that you beat me to it! Thought he would've replied within seconds of the recipe being posted.

I've made lots of waffles, but I've never seen cornstarch in a recipe, so maybe that's the secret.

Betsy

I'm positive that Texed will see this thread or more than likely he already has the recipe. :D

Yep! We make them often. The correct waffle maker is very important also. We have the Waring Pro. :)

LOL, 2morecruises. I quickly scrolled up to add a reply to alert Texed about this recipe appearing on CC and found that you beat me to it! Betsy

It is very nice of y'all to think of me. :)

I sent my daughter the recipe and she made them for us on Mother's Day. What can I say , they were delicious!!!!

Great daughter. :)

I sent my daughter the recipe and she made them for us on Mother's Day. What can I say , they were delicious!!!!

Good to hear!

We're trying to watch our diet, so will have to wait until our September cruise for waffles.

Must say, I was mighty tempted to whip up a batch.

Mari :)

Before my first X cruise I kept hearing about the waffles. I thought, ok, yes, it IS different to find fresh waffles on a ship, but really...it's waffles. HA! Tried them the first morning, and ate them for all 12 mornings! DELISH. Looking forward to trying this recipe.

• 2 years later...

Where could we go to get the BEST waffles on X? My DH (FIRST TIME I USED DH!!! Woohoo! We got married 6 days ago ;)) loves waffles, I would love to share this info with him :):o

On the "S" class ships there are normally two locations. On the starboard side of the buffet as you enter (near where the ice cream is served during the day), and at the back of the buffer just port of the omelet station. ENJOY! :)

On the "S" class ships there are normally two locations. On the starboard side of the buffet as you enter (near where the ice cream is served during the day), and at the back of the buffer just port of the omelet station. ENJOY! :)

AWESOME! Thank you so much :) I don't know how we missed these on our first Celebrity cruise! I look forward to making up for lost time with the waffles ;):D

I will think of you as I eat one LOL ;)

AWESOME! Thank you so much :) I don't know how we missed these on our first Celebrity cruise! I look forward to making up for lost time with the waffles ;):DI will think of you as I eat one LOL ;)

Awesome! :)